New xbow hunting need some advice

hatch

Just got my new PSE toxic in yesterday. I am new to this sport, but my question is: Got it sighted in dead on at 30tds, but at 40yds. it is 3"in high and right 3" and even worse at 50 yds. Could it be the bolts, fletchings, etc.???? Any help for this newby would be greatly appreciated

hatch

Thanks roost, i am shooting field points and the xbow came as a kit from PSE with the scope included. I am assuming it's a cheap scope since there is no name on the scope. A few more details, I am shooting 20 inch carbon arrows from PSE as well.

dmonty

If your cocking bow with just hands without a cocking rope this may be your problem,if bow is not cocked with even pressure it will affect your accuracy.Also if using a rope make sure you keep the hooks in tight against the rail.

laserman

Just like dmonty said. Make sure rope is even and pull with even pressure on both sides. Also remember that even though it shoots like a gun, you have to hold and release with the same technique as a bow. Took a little bit before every shot went where it was supposed to because I would just hold it like a gun and pull trigger.

Latest posts