new winchester blindside shells

rukiddin

I was in Stuttgart last week and picked up a couple of boxes of them. I have heard nothing but good things about the shells. I don't know what the bichin and moanin is about. I paid around 20.00/box and thats no more really than any other box of QUALITY 25 count/box steel loads. From my experience cheap loads equals cheap patterns and you owe to yourself to get the best patterns you can. Dryloks and Kents is all I usually shoot, but for the price, I thought I would try the new loads.

I got a power T sticker on the stock of my muzzleloader....does that count too?? hahahaha

mathews338

deerlawyer said:
great. thanks for letting us know yet another way to effectively kill ducks a few yards further out. where are we now? 60 or 70 yards? this should really push the skybusters to new levels of excellence. what's wrong with a good heavy standard $15 load shot at birds within 40 yards? imo, a man is just admitting a complete lack of skill and work ethic to pay $20 bucks for a box of shells. my guess is the shells work along with the monster truck to compensate for something. i say man up, learn to hunt right, raise hell with your DNR about the reasons the ducks don't work anymore, and do something to improve the sport. i would challenge you to spend $15 on your shells and give the extra $5 to st jude.
i shoot a 10ga and if you don't like it then go bend over at 60 yards away from me and i'll show you what i think about it!

to each his own and i bet you any amount you want to that i'll kill ducks at distances you couldn't even knock a feather out!

where we get to hunt you better take any advantage you can cause there are not many.

Spoonbillmallard

This subject really comes down to the age of the hunter. I know all the old school guys that have been at this a while feel that if the birds aren't getting within the 35 yd range effective to consistently kill birds then you are lacking something. And then there is the newer generation such as myself who has went out and combined a shell and choke combination that makes them effective out to 50-55 yds. People will always have thier own opinions on how people should hunt. And duck hunting is no different.

I personally don't have a problem with people taking 50 yd shots as long as they are consistantly killing birds at that range. After 2 volleys at that range and I don't see a duck drop then its time to stop. Either you don't have the shooting skills to kill at that range, or you don't have a good enough shell/choke combination to hold a good pattern at that range. And just like Grizzly said there are many reasons that ducks don't come all the way in with thier feet down. Ducks and geese can be just as picky as any kind of animal. Some are better at calling ducks than others but sometimes it don't matter if your Kent Cullum those birds aren't gonna decoy.

But me personally I shoot 3 1/2 inch #2 1625 fps Winchester Xpert shells with a Kicks High Flyer Full Choke. Along with my shooting skills I have found that this combination has given me the opportunity to kill birds consistantly at 50-60 yds. That don't mean if ducks are on the swing at 55 yds im gonna shoot at them...because I won't. The primary reason I want that kind of range is, if I pull up to shoot birds at 35 yds and they are at 50-55 yds by the time my 3rd shell gets in the chamber I still want to be able to knock em down. But I won't call a shot unless they are within 35 yds. But as we have said to each his own.....and yes skybusting is the single dumbest thing in duck hunting.

Latest posts