New Mondo?

AveryPC

I was thinking about getting a mondo Lt as my first cutdown call and saw this. It seems like it's the same thing just not acrylic? Does anyone have experience with these and if so would it be a good one to start on before paying full price?
C2B6982F-4C5D-4DEB-A75C-84336F769D5A.png

Dodge Man

Polly vs acrylic you will not get the same pop, bark, tone control or loudness. Acrylic is harder material and really changes the sound. If i wanted one I would buy one used. You could find them for $100 or less.

AveryPC

I knew it wouldn't sound as good but didn't know if the sound justified the extra hundred bucks new. Buying a used call seems a little gross to me but I might just have to get over that. I also found this one that's supposed to be acrylic. It's called the mini? I've never heard of this line of mondo before.

AveryPC

I knew it wouldn't sound as good but didn't know if the sound justified the extra hundred bucks new. Buying a used call seems a little gross to me but I might just have to get over that. I also found this one that's supposed to be acrylic. It's called the mini? I've never heard of this line of mondo before.
A16BC3E7-B1F3-43DD-A8BB-5B98E6F48F63.png

Dodge Man

I was thinking about getting a mondo Lt as my first cutdown call and saw this. It seems like it's the same thing just not acrylic? Does anyone have experience with these and if so would it be a good one to start on before paying full price?
View attachment 193463
I went the same route buying a few polly cutdowns in a few different brands. I eventually bought a couple acrylic ones and I still don't love any of them. It takes a TON of air to make a cutdown work right.

drake799

You might check out Rolling Thunder calls unless you're just dead set on a Mondo. I've never cared
For the Mondo. Love the shape and feel of theme but never liked the sound. I've got a Rolling Thunder Brute XL and it's probably my favorite call I've ever had Original Brute is good also. I wouldn't be worried about buying a used call either. Nothing some hot water and soap won't fix lol. Good luck with whatever you choose

AveryPC

You might check out Rolling Thunder calls unless you're just dead set on a Mondo. I've never cared
For the Mondo. Love the shape and feel of theme but never liked the sound. I've got a Rolling Thunder Brute XL and it's probably my favorite call I've ever had Original Brute is good also. I wouldn't be worried about buying a used call either. Nothing some hot water and soap won't fix lol. Good luck with whatever you choose
I've always heard the mondo was the closest to the ps olts and that's what made me want one. I need to do some research on others because I don't know a ton. As far as used calls I know that they can be cleaned but I've seen how some people keep there's and don't know if I'd want it even all cleaned up.

Dodge Man

If you are wanting an Olt style call check out these. Seth Fields a local west TN guy won the duck calling Worlds last year. He has also won a lot of smaller calling competitions and won Cut down calling competitions. He has some of the Olt parts and selling the calls.

Dodge Man

Those are super interesting. I wonder how hard it is to do the sanding and cutting yourself.
Looks like the reed kit already comes to standard size. So it would already sound decent put together. The sanding and trimming is just going to make changes that would work better. For that price you can get a couple different inserts to play with and a couple different reed set pretty cheap.

Latest posts