New gun choices

prstide

My matched pair of Vinci, regular Vinci and Super Vinci both have 28" Barrels, total length difference is the extra 3 1/2" receiver of the Super. Never measured bit it is a noticeable longer gun and swing and points better. I think Vinci's are one of the most unattractive shotguns made, I resisted purchasing one for several years because of the looks. In addition to a better pointing gun,Vincis and Stoegers have a leg up on all the other Benellis because the sping is in the forend on a Stoeger and in the receiver of the Vinci. In turn you do not get water and dirt running down the rear of the receiver into to recoil tube, which was the impetus for the development of the Sure Cycle.
Franchi also has the spring beneath the fore end.

Bgoodman30

What do you consider short barrel, 24 and under? I hunt with a few people that hunt with 26 inch barrels and do not bust my ears. Right now my 870 has a 28 inch barrel but a pretty long choke so it's more like 30. It's nice if I can get the gun shouldered and swing through but after my first shot I have a hard time getting on a second bird. I was hoping a shorter barrel might help.

I have the 24" barrel M2 20 and 28" 12 Ga M2. I have hunted the 24" barrel in the timber but would not carry it in the blind with others.. Its really just my turkey gun. My 12 GA is worked over by Rob Roberts and its been an awesome duck gun for many years.
My next gun will be a 20 GA M2 or SB3. Although hearing a lot of good things about the Retay?

Also heard they are going to stop making the M2 and make a new model next year.

As for 3 1/2" I would absolutely never own another 3.5" gun they will give you issues.. Also wont cycle low brass 1 oz loads.

Bgoodman30

My matched pair of Vinci, regular Vinci and Super Vinci both have 28" Barrels, total length difference is the extra 3 1/2" receiver of the Super. Never measured bit it is a noticeable longer gun and swing and points better. I think Vinci's are one of the most unattractive shotguns made, I resisted purchasing one for several years because of the looks. In addition to a better pointing gun,Vincis and Stoegers have a leg up on all the other Benellis because the sping is in the forend on a Stoeger and in the receiver of the Vinci. In turn you do not get water and dirt running down the rear of the receiver into to recoil tube, which was the impetus for the development of the Sure Cycle.

Vincis are awesome.. I sold mine because I never got used to the safety..

Bgoodman30

What do you consider short barrel, 24 and under? I hunt with a few people that hunt with 26 inch barrels and do not bust my ears. Right now my 870 has a 28 inch barrel but a pretty long choke so it's more like 30. It's nice if I can get the gun shouldered and swing through but after my first shot I have a hard time getting on a second bird. I was hoping a shorter barrel might help.
That 24" barell might be the compact model? That's what mine is. I am not sure they make a 24" that's not compact?

AveryPC

I went ahead and got the M2 in 12 gauge with a 26-inch barrel. I was able to go out and shoot it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. It did jam a few times, but I am hoping this was just the reloads that I was using, or it just needs a little break in.

losthunter

I just got a Stoeger 3500 and really like it. It's a bit heavy but seems to be a solid gun.

Specializedjon

Don't waste your time shooting 3 1/2. The extra expense isn't worth the ROI (Return on Investment). 28-inch versus 26 is a matter of personal preference. Finally, I've hunted with nearly every brand of shotgun you can name in my 68 years. Currently I am shooting a Franchi Affinity 3 (I won it at a Ducks Unlimited banquet). For however long I live, I will never hunt with another shotgun. Best shooting, most reliable shotgun I've ever carried into the field. But, I know that's a "Ford vs Chevy" kind of debate. ;) I hope you're as happy with whatever you buy as I am with my Franchi.
^^wise endorsement^^

For the record,
Chevy, Coke and only mustard on hot dogs 😂

Latest posts