new winchester blindside shells

cmn

I just returned from Arkansas. I was shooting the new Blindside shells by Winchester. They are AWESOME! I am a hevi steel or a hevi metal shooter but these new shells are truly unique. The cost is approx 20.00 for 25. They are only at Macks. Win. produced 200 cases for a limited trial. Macks has about 30 cases left. The shot is cubed with rounded corners. The flight control wad is the secret to a great pattern. I saw well over 100 ducks crunched with these shells. I am a guide but I am not sponsored by Winchester nor do I expect to be. No more flying away to die hundreds of yards later. Feel free to contact me for more info, but hurry call Macks and buy some. You don't like it I will buy it from you!

cmn

I was shooting a modified. They are in the process of developing a special choke but I found that any choke from improved to improved mod worked great. I will be showing the new shells and wad on an upcoming wildside weekly show.

A

Anonymous

great. thanks for letting us know yet another way to effectively kill ducks a few yards further out. where are we now? 60 or 70 yards? this should really push the skybusters to new levels of excellence. what's wrong with a good heavy standard $15 load shot at birds within 40 yards? imo, a man is just admitting a complete lack of skill and work ethic to pay $20 bucks for a box of shells. my guess is the shells work along with the monster truck to compensate for something. i say man up, learn to hunt right, raise hell with your DNR about the reasons the ducks don't work anymore, and do something to improve the sport. i would challenge you to spend $15 on your shells and give the extra $5 to st jude.

Grizzly Johnson

deerlawyer said:
great. thanks for letting us know yet another way to effectively kill ducks a few yards further out. where are we now? 60 or 70 yards? this should really push the skybusters to new levels of excellence. what's wrong with a good heavy standard $15 load shot at birds within 40 yards? imo, a man is just admitting a complete lack of skill and work ethic to pay $20 bucks for a box of shells. my guess is the shells work along with the monster truck to compensate for something. i say man up, learn to hunt right, raise hell with your DNR about the reasons the ducks don't work anymore, and do something to improve the sport. i would challenge you to spend $15 on your shells and give the extra $5 to st jude.

Well I guess like everything else on here, to each his own. That is a pretty broad statement that covers many waterfowl hunters whether they skybust or not....

I buy whatever shells give me the best performance for a broad range of hunting set-ups. Most of the time they run $20+.

There are many, many reasons ducks won't work at times. They are not going to land in your lap every single time. I like to think the shells I buy will give me good results at various distances (within reason) to ethically kill a duck..... because I hate wasting time chasing cripples..... so I pay a little more for performance.

I have also shot a 10ga for geese, just because I like a little more power to bring down the bigger birds.... those shells average around $28-$30 a box. Geese don't always land at your feet either.

I have also had a "monster truck"..... for the simple fact I like big 4x4's and mine was fun to ride around in....

Does any of that make me less of a man/hunter.... not at all. Does having a big jacked-up 4x4 mean I am compensating for lacking something else.... I reckon not.

Shot has evolved with the times.... it's just another tool to use while hunting. Just look at the deer & turkey hunting market..... all kinds of bullet makes and turkey load/choke combos.

I am NOT a sky-buster and hate hunting close to those who are/and do.

TNTomtaker01

Grizzly Johnson said:
deerlawyer said:

Well I guess like everything else on here, to each his own. That is a pretty broad statement that covers many waterfowl hunters whether they skybust or not....

I buy whatever shells give me the best performance for a broad range of hunting set-ups. Most of the time they run $20+.

There are many, many reasons ducks won't work at times. They are not going to land in your lap every single time. I like to think the shells I buy will give me good results at various distances (within reason) to ethically kill a duck..... because I hate wasting time chasing cripples..... so I pay a little more for performance.

I have also shot a 10ga for geese, just because I like a little more power to bring down the bigger birds.... those shells average around $28-$30 a box. Geese don't always land at your feet either.

I have also had a "monster truck"..... for the simple fact I like big 4x4's and mine was fun to ride around in....

Does any of that make me less of a man/hunter.... not at all. Does having a big jacked-up 4x4 mean I am compensating for lacking something else.... I reckon not.

Shot has evolved with the times.... it's just another tool to use while hunting. Just look at the deer & turkey hunting market..... all kinds of bullet makes and turkey load/choke combos.

I am NOT a sky-buster and hate hunting close to those who are/and do.

Well said :)

knightrider

deerlawyer said:
seriously? why? go find something to do besides be a critic of everyone else.do you still use blackpowder shells and open choke? technology is a wonderful thing in the ammunition market anything that helps make for more ethical kills is great, now go put on your big boy pants and quit your whinning :cry:

cmn

Hey I know I am known to have a strong opinion but I do not recall saying anything about shooting at extreme distances. The ducks I was talking about were all shot at "normal and acceptable"ranges. Thanks for your opinion though. I think St. Jude is a worthy cause but I choose to give to many organizations. I would be happy to send you a box of Blindside and let you make up your own mind. All I ask in return is a donation to the Tn. Wildlife Federation for 25.00. Merry Christmas! (or happy holidays) to be politically correct.

Chaneylake

deerlawyer said:

50 plus yard shots on winged game is no problem with the proper shell/choke combination in the hands of a good shooter, the only problem is that the $15 dollar per box shells are not that good, remember the following: "shells are the cheapest part of the hunt"

in the days of "lead" shot, while duck huntng, 60 yards was no problem

and yes I can prove this

A

Anonymous

i am sure the shells are effective. i am just sick of where this sport has gone and still heading- refuges, corn, robos, skybusting, gadgets, corn, stickers on guns, big money, corn, baiting, big limits and long seasons, etc. it's all about the money. period.

A

Anonymous

chaney, $15 shells would be fine if you could put ducks in your decoys. you just can't do it that often anymore. i hunt the hatchie too and i know you're not lighting em like you used to.

knightrider

deerlawyer said:
i am sure the shells are effective. i am just sick of where this sport has gone and still heading- refuges, corn, robos, skybusting, gadgets, corn, stickers on guns, big money, corn, baiting, big limits and long seasons, etc. it's all about the money. period.
stickers on guns :D :D :cry:

Chaneylake

deerlawyer said:
chaney, $15 shells would be fine if you could put ducks in your decoys. you just can't do it that often anymore. i hunt the hatchie too and i know you're not lighting em like you used to.

Winchester Dry Loc #1's or "St Louis 3's", we are lighting them better than we ever have

A

Anonymous

Chaneylake said:
deerlawyer said:

Winchester Dry Loc #1's or "St Louis 3's", we are lighting them better than we ever have

this year or over the last five years in general? you must be pretty close to the refuge in brownsville. i do not believe you are putting groups of 15-30 in your blocks as in years past. now maybe you are lighting the singles and doubles, yes. this cold snap has put some birds in the area that apparently reelfoot and the tv hunters to the north haven't already shot the heck out of.

TNTomtaker01

deerlawyer said:

Not sure if you have looked around lately but sadly its all coming down to this. Deer, ducks, and turkeys its always going to be about the money.

Chaneylake

deerlawyer said:
Chaneylake said:
deerlawyer said:

this year or over the last five years in general? you must be pretty close to the refuge in brownsville. i do not believe you are putting groups of 15-30 in your blocks as in years past. now maybe you are lighting the singles and doubles, yes. this cold snap has put some birds in the area that apparently reelfoot and the tv hunters to the north haven't already shot the heck out of.

the only ducks that we shoot are the ones that are lighting in the decoys, I/we have hunted this way since the mid 60's and we are not going to change, if you are not killing ducks that are lighting then you must have one of two problems

JThuntsalot

deerlawyer said:
Chaneylake said:
deerlawyer said:

You must be doing something wrong the last day I hunted(thursday) we smacked the crap out of them and every group we worked had 20 or more birds in it with all of them with there gear down liting in the dekes. The bg groups have been easier to work than the singles and pairs for us this year.

And that was without a robo out. Oh and yes I do have stickers on my Rem. 1187 and it kills them just fine so call names all you want if it makes you feel better over the computer but say it to my face and you might not like the outcome. I also only shoot Winchester 3 inch #2 shot 1550 fps. If I could afford the expensive shells i would shoot them also. We do use robos some times though if the birds are wanting them.

Chaneylake

knightrider said:
deerlawyer said:
stickers on guns :D :D :cry:

lol at the sticker comment

my 1187 has 2 stickers on it, "powered by Winchester", "perfected by Remington Arms"

when I am shooting bad "I put a bandaide on it" to help cure the hurt

Latest posts