New toy hoping to hit the pier in a couple days.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
image.jpg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Caught a croaker for cut bait. Crab got the head. Something hit hard lost the middle section of my cut bait. Tossed the tail out and the drag buzzed like a chainsaw! It cut my line šŸ˜ ā€¦. Just got back from Walmart with 4 wire leaders and I can't wait till morning!
Lost a flounder on a four inch white jig just as I was pulling it on the sea wall.

Pilchard

You fishing circle hooks on the cut bait?

Get some single strand wire and a pack of quality swivels for the toothy critter. Use a haywire twist on the wire. Use circle hooks and hook the bait so that the hook is very easily ripped out of the baitā€¦. Hook it just in the edge of the bait through a little bit of the skin.

Flounder are notorious for getting off as you try to lift them out of the water. Most serious flounder fisherman use a net for this reason.

How's your wrist?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
You fishing circle hooks on the cut bait?

Get some single strand wire and a pack of quality swivels for the toothy critter. Use a haywire twist on the wire. Use circle hooks and hook the bait so that the hook is very easily ripped out of the baitā€¦. Hook it just in the edge of the bait through a little bit of the skin.

Flounder are notorious for getting off as you try to lift them out of the water. Most serious flounder fisherman use a net for this reason.

How's your wrist?
Been using circle hooks.. taking the advice on hooking the bait. The dang wrist gets a little better each day, at least it isn't black, purple and yellow looking now šŸ˜

Latest posts