New toy hoping to hit the pier in a couple days.

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
image.jpg

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
Caught a croaker for cut bait. Crab got the head. Something hit hard lost the middle section of my cut bait. Tossed the tail out and the drag buzzed like a chainsaw! It cut my line 😁 …. Just got back from Walmart with 4 wire leaders and I can't wait till morning!
Lost a flounder on a four inch white jig just as I was pulling it on the sea wall.

Pilchard

You fishing circle hooks on the cut bait?

Get some single strand wire and a pack of quality swivels for the toothy critter. Use a haywire twist on the wire. Use circle hooks and hook the bait so that the hook is very easily ripped out of the bait…. Hook it just in the edge of the bait through a little bit of the skin.

Flounder are notorious for getting off as you try to lift them out of the water. Most serious flounder fisherman use a net for this reason.

How's your wrist?

PossumSlayer

2-Step Enabled
You fishing circle hooks on the cut bait?

Get some single strand wire and a pack of quality swivels for the toothy critter. Use a haywire twist on the wire. Use circle hooks and hook the bait so that the hook is very easily ripped out of the bait…. Hook it just in the edge of the bait through a little bit of the skin.

Flounder are notorious for getting off as you try to lift them out of the water. Most serious flounder fisherman use a net for this reason.

How's your wrist?
Been using circle hooks.. taking the advice on hooking the bait. The dang wrist gets a little better each day, at least it isn't black, purple and yellow looking now 😁