New to Blind Drawing

waynesworld

Ok i am new but I can not find what I am looking for and have a few questions on this blind drawing. Me and a friend are going up to draw at one of the drawings so we both will have a chance. The question is what is the adding on i here people talk about?

When I register do I have to put peoples name on that I add on right then?

And if we hunt together do we both have to be on?

Also do you get to pick what blind u get or is it drawn for you?

And lastly if I have a sportsman do I need anything else for the draw? I know i need the federal stamp to hunt just never got it yet.

Goose Thumper

Walk up, give them your sportsmans license, they fill out a card with your name only, place in barrell. If your drawn, you and whoever you want can sign on with you but that eliminates them out of drawing. You then pick whichever blind you want that is left at that time..... Unless you get first pic then you can get ANY of them, and make alot of new friends quick.

Grizzly Johnson

Goose Thumper said:
Walk up, give them your sportsmans license, they fill out a card with your name only, place in barrell. If your drawn, you and whoever you want can sign on with you but that eliminates them out of drawing. You then pick whichever blind you want that is left at that time..... Unless you get first pic then you can get ANY of them, and make alot of new friends quick.

And if you get drawn and pick one of the top blinds..... expect those new friends to be waving some greenbacks in your face....

waynesworld

Ok so how long to pick the blind? I would guess rather quick. So if I go with only a friend of mine we can let others sign on with me and they all can go weather i go or not? But a max of 8 in a blind.

Goose Thumper

They give you bout 20 seconds and i beleive you can have however many sign ons you want but you may only hunt 8 adults in a blind at one time. if you get drawn make sure you know who is signing on with you cause people been known to sneek up there and sign up with a group and nobody notice but the wardens gettin better at stoppin people at rope nowadays

Pic IN the Casa

Where are you gonna try waynesworld?

It's been my experience, if you get drawn, some TWRA guys will help you through the process. Maybe even give advice on what the best blind left is.

waynesworld

I think we will be at Woods so if anyone of you are there you will notice me and my friend it will be two fat people looking like they are lost :) my friend is 350 + and i use to be but now in the 230's but if we get drawn and anyone wants to come on just let me know and tell me the best blind to pick. or I will be guessing :) We will never have more then 2 and dont hunt a lot this is my first time down here hunting :) I would love to pair up with someone that knows what they are doing though. the Names you will listen for is Wayne Pierson and Daniel Vaughn.

Latest posts