new smokeless muzzleloaders

reloaderman

if that gun don't shoot a good as your old knight then you need to do some experimenting to find the right load for it. try different bullet and powder combinations until you find one you're satisfied with.

ewc

reloaderman-

I have owned multiple sav 10ml2's. I graduated from those and now shoot a custom built off a 10 ml2 action.

I shoot a .40 cal that spits 200 gr bullets out at 3,000 fps.

The 3,000 fps is not the limit, just the test limit thus far.

reloaderman

I have thought of doing something like that but just haven't got around to doing it. I bet that is one sweet rifle, i will have a custom someday but for now i'll have to shoot my old worn out savage. Just kidding i'll never give it up but i will add to the collection!

TurkeyBurd

I love mine and would never go back to the traditional muzzys.

To each their own!

Just let it be.

We all have our ideas about hunting.

Good luck to all!

Chopper3030

varmint1111 said:
I have a savege, it's not magic! For good accuracy you still need to clean every shoot. It still does not shoot as good as my old knight did when it was new. But a whole lot easier to clean and you can see the deer right after the shot to see what kind of hit you made. I won't go back to black powder.

Don't mean to challenge you, but if you're having to clean between every shot, then you haven't found the right load, or something is wrong with your gun. Your situation is the rare exception; not even close to the norm.

The norm is being able to shoot 60-100 shots without worrying about cleaning.

Latest posts