New deer regs are posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondawg

BSK said:
richmanbarbeque said:
richmanbarbeque said:
Thanks for all you do, SCN. I understand what you
are talking about and use the Hunting guide as a great resource.

Let me also add that SCN is a stand up guy and is a fine example of a model TWRA employee.

X2

x3

As a side note, if need be, print out the proclamation and carry it with you. That way you can refer to it if necessary. As for me, I like the layout of the TN Guide myself. Mainly for the pictures and charts and graphs. :D If I have a question about something, I can just ask someone from the TWRA (like Steve Nifong, Big Game Guy, etc.).

stik

MUP said:
WooooHooooo! I can now take 1 turkey in the Fall too in my county!! Thanks TWRA! ;)

i have been begging for a fall turkey hunt in roane county for several years. i was told when there are 200 birds killed in the spring then the fall hunts are considered. this was at least 3 years in a row that 200+ were killed and i still don't have my roane co. fall turkeys :(
but i did get my morgan co. rifle antlerless hunt :)

Winchester

Vermin93 said:
Andy S. said:
RAFI said:
did you not see the 3 in antlers and 3 in antler part of the thread?
Yes I did. That ONE contradiction is not very compelling in my eyes, and definitely not deserving enough to conclude the H&T Guide is useless and not trustworthy. Your statement was bold enough that there must be more examples. The single simple misprint (3" antler vs 3" antlers) is not something that I think will land you in a court room in front of a judge. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

So a legal buck is both antlers longer than 3" - correct?
No, only 1 antler has to be 3" long.
As for the hunting guide not being a legal document, Im sure if written a ticket against what is posted in the guide, you would win easily in court! Im sure its hard to get the guide in print to Verbatim what the legal definitions are, without making it way too big to be feasible anyway.

Andy S.

Vermin93 said:
Per the H&T Guide, a legal buck must have one antler measuring at least 3". My personal opinion is we are getting wrapped around the axle with the semantics of the proclamation (deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length). I think the word both, as in "deer with both antlers less than...", would be required to imply and clearly explain that requirement (both antlers), if it were one. I could be dead wrong and would defer final word to Steve, Daryl, Chad or another official TWRA representative that is in the know. My .02

RAFI

Andy S. said:
Vermin93 said:
Per the H&T Guide, a legal buck must have one antler measuring at least 3". My personal opinion is we are getting wrapped around the axle with the semantics of the proclamation (deer with antlers less than three inches (3") in length). I think the word both, as in "deer with both antlers less than...", would be required to imply and clearly explain that requirement (both antlers), if it were one. I could be dead wrong and would defer final word to Steve, Daryl, Chad or another official TWRA representative that is in the know. My .02

would like an answer too.i got called an azz hole by a member of twra :( The way he said it and from what the rules say it means antlers.I didnt really mean to be an azz I was trying to get the offical yes or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts