Neighborhood bird

RoyalPrudent

I've got a flock of birds in the neighborhood that roost on the ridges and pitch to the edge of the neighborhood for the last several years. Early season they usually roost about a 1/4 mile from the house. But this morning, at about 7 am, I was enjoying my coffee and thought I heard a gobble. That's not uncommen for this time of year. Usually in the spring, I mishear almost everything as a gobble in the distance... been then I though I heard it again. Mind you, i'm sitting on the couch with the windows and doors closed. And with my second hallucination, my chihuaha started yipping. I realized I must not have been imagining it. I look through the window of the front door, and theres a longbeard strutting and gobbling not 30 feet away. Have to say, it was quite a nice way to start the day.

th88

I've got a flock of birds in the neighborhood that roost on the ridges and pitch to the edge of the neighborhood for the last several years. Early season they usually roost about a 1/4 mile from the house. But this morning, at about 7 am, I was enjoying my coffee and thought I heard a gobble. That's not uncommen for this time of year. Usually in the spring, I mishear almost everything as a gobble in the distance... been then I though I heard it again. Mind you, i'm sitting on the couch with the windows and doors closed. And with my second hallucination, my chihuaha started yipping. I realized I must not have been imagining it. I look through the window of the front door, and theres a longbeard strutting and gobbling not 30 feet away. Have to say, it was quite a nice way to start the day.
Incoming PMs from Seek1

RoyalPrudent

My neighborhood birds growing in numbers. Flock of 12 gobblers this morning is the most I've seen together there. We had a decent hatch this year too. Should be entertaining if nothing else.

Madbowh

Got a neighborhood bird here
20240123_120613.jpg
20240123_120747.jpg

Bgoodman30

Thats a squirrel nest. Shoot it :)

Neighborhood birds are too funny. My favorites are the ones in the suburbs of Boston that terrorize the locals chasing them around the streets.

I have seen wild gobblers leaning up against brick churches sleeping and shooting dice in downtown Minneapolis. 😂 No lie downtown not a lot over .5 acres.

Wooden Arrow

never seen a turkey here in my neighborhood, but the deer are getting bolder. had three good bucks in the front yard one night last October sucking up acorns, and saw several does while walking around the block this past summer. the dogs have gotten used to them and don't bother barking.

Latest posts