Need White Oak acorns

DaveB

After a hard review of the property we own I have decided to plant some white oaks. Already started clearing the junk that is presently growing. I thought I would go in my backyard and find thousands, after all I have a monster white oak in the back yard.

To my surprise there are nearly zero and what is on the ground are not what I would call likely to sprout. This tree has been dying since the gall wasp infestation and I guess the lack of nuts is another bad sign. Or-could have been the heat this year. But the red oak in the yard is dropping thousands of acorns although they are only 60% of the size we normally see.

If you have some white oak acorns please pack them up ship them to me cheap as you can, PM me the cost.

If you live close you could get some Fed 210M's.

Many thanks

backyardtndeer

Yesterday I picked up a couple handfuls from under a white oak that is currently dropping. Pm me your address if you still need some, and I will get them mailed to you.

TNlandowner

After a hard review of the property we own I have decided to plant some white oaks. Already started clearing the junk that is presently growing. I thought I would go in my backyard and find thousands, after all I have a monster white oak in the back yard.

Many thanks
Have you checked the Old Forest Arboretum of Overton Park? Seems like you could pick up a bunch of White Oak and Cherrybark Red oak acorns on the walking trail.

DaveB

Did not know it existed. Wonder if they would mind if I picked up a few acorns? Lots of similar places do not allow that kind of activity.

I will check.

Thanks for the tip.

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled

To my surprise there are nearly zero and what is on the ground are not what I would call likely to sprout. This tree has been dying since the gall wasp infestation and I guess the lack of nuts is another bad sign. Or-could have been the heat this year. But the red oak in the yard is dropping thousands of acorns although they are only 60% of the size we normally see.

If you have some white oak acorns please pack them up ship them to me cheap as you can, PM me the cost.

Many thanks
I'm not sure what they will have in 2023 ?? They will likely have White Oaks. Usually different trees in different locations. Register and follow there is a small fee to reserve.Leftovers go to anyone willing to plant. https://www.tectn.org/tennesseetreeprogram.html

DaveB

Its at the Agricenter in March.

Right now I have about 50 white oak acorns---They will go into the ground before February, most in november, I hope.

I have maybe two hundred red oak, they will go into the ground based on when I finish the white oaks and get some of the junk trees removed.

Latest posts