Food Plots Need soybean help

Luckybuck16

Anybody know what I could spray on these to kill them but not my soybeans that were drilled.. may be a lost cause . Hopefully somebody has seen them before

Attachments

• 4FEBCE40-C52E-4ACF-9D88-348D242BD78C.jpeg
    4FEBCE40-C52E-4ACF-9D88-348D242BD78C.jpeg
    492 KB · Views: 74

Boll Weevil

Hard to tell from the pic but what is the undesirable? Are the beans roundup ready / glyphosate resistant? If so can hit'em with gly.

Luckybuck16

All that green in the picture is some type of wild plant that will grow 7 foot tall. I drilled eagle beans and they are popping through 2.5 to 3" but the wild plant will starve them out

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Looks like Gly resistant giant ragweed, not certain but has the right profile. If you can get your hands on a wick and wipe on 2-4-D, pasture guard or crossbow that would take it out. A wick will allow you to wipe the chemical on the weed without getting it on your beans.
There is a product called "Extreme" that is Roundup and pursuit blended that I have used with some success but you will have to mow first then spray when the giant ragweed suckers out and begins new. Do not mix this product stronger than suggested as it will burn the beans. Do use a non-ionic surfactant with this.

How many acres? Is spot spraying an option?

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Yea I could spot spray for sure it's about 5 acres
A good product to spot spray with that kills most everything I put it on is Crossbow. Add in garlon 4 and a surfactant and most difficult pests are black in 8 hours. Just know this will kill everything it gets on.
Stop that stuff from going to seed, it may take a few seasons to consume the seed bank but eventually you will get ahead of it.

Latest posts