Need some help Knoxville

Setterman

I've got a pretty serious coyote problem going in my yard. In the last week they've attempted several times to take on my dog. I live inside the city limits otherwise I would have handled this myself.

my question, does anyone want to earn a little cash and trap these problems?

Carlos

I'm not 100% sure, but in your case, you'd likely be allowed to shoot the problem coyote, as long as it was done safely.

Is there a lot of house that prevent being able to fire a gun? I mean, if you had an area with a safe backstop, I'd shoot it if given the chance.

Setterman

I'm not 100% sure, but in your case, you'd likely be allowed to shoot the problem coyote, as long as it was done safely.

Is there a lot of house that prevent being able to fire a gun? I mean, if you had an area with a safe backstop, I'd shoot it if given the chance.
My neighbors on my sides are fairly close, but I back to woods, a creek, and basically nothing. Safely shooting is not an issue. Given they always show up at night, my weapon of choice would be my turkey gun as it would be best for the range they usually are at, but torching off a 3.5" 12 gauge might draw attention lol.

my neighbors are good with a gun shot, but I'd prefer to trap and kill than just torch of rounds.

JCDEERMAN

My neighbors on my sides are fairly close, but I back to woods, a creek, and basically nothing. Safely shooting is not an issue. Given they always show up at night, my weapon of choice would be my turkey gun as it would be best for the range they usually are at, but torching off a 3.5" 12 gauge might draw attention lol.

my neighbors are good with a gun shot, but I'd prefer to trap and kill than just torch of rounds.
Your place sounds identical to mine. I would call your neighbors and let them know what you've seen and the dangers they are imposing. Let them know that if they hear a gunshot (or a series of them), to not worry and to call you if they had questions. I would not hesitate to shoot one in our yard. We see them often, but they haven't been problematic.....yet.

CATCHDAWG

Your place sounds identical to mine. I would call your neighbors and let them know what you've seen and the dangers they are imposing. Let them know that if they hear a gunshot (or a series of them), to not worry and to call you if they had questions. I would not hesitate to shoot one in our yard. We see them often, but they haven't been problematic.....yet.
That's what I would do.

Planking

Great advice. I do that with my neighbors when the hogs are around.

Setterman

I've secured permission from my neighbors to do what needs to be done. Great advice and appreciate it.

Carlos

I have a 22 magnum you can borrow, and for just $500 you could add an ATN infrared scope.

( I'm considering buying one of those scopes, since it's just a couple hundred more than a standard scope.)

JCDEERMAN

I have a 22 magnum you can borrow, and for just $500 you could add an ATN infrared scope.

( I'm considering buying one of those scopes, since it's just a couple hundred more than a standard scope.)
Thermal scopes are insanely cool. I have a Pulsar. It is amazing what you can see.

TNPredator

I've got a pretty serious coyote problem going in my yard. In the last week they've attempted several times to take on my dog. I live inside the city limits otherwise I would have handled this myself.

My, My, right down my line. I travel to places close by that have that problem and trap then dispatch coyotes. I will be onsite 24/7 while the threat exists, trapping them day and night. If a rifle shot of VERY LOW report is needed then my .17HMR is almost less than a .22.

I'm retired and have nothing but time to waste, so this costs YOU nothing, it's my pleasure to give a yoke a dirt nap.

If you would consider my services you can reply here or return e-mail how to take this off Facebook (cell phone, personal email or meet to discuss.

Trapper

There is a guy that lives in Knoxville that's a adc trapper (Mike McMillian) that can probably help you out . He is a great guy talked to him several times and sold fur to him also . If you need his contact information just shoot me a p.m.

Speedwell-Hunter

Hey, I would be willing to help you trap the coyotes. Are they still an issue? Please let me know and we can give it a try.

-Speedwell

Speedwell-Hunter

At the moment no, but it usually cranks up towards January and February will most definitely keep you in mind
Please do, I've got my predator baits and yote urine all set. I had one on my property but it seems to have gone thus did not need to go after them. I would be more than happy to help you out.

Latest posts