Experienced Beaver trapper needed

Chickenrig

Dammit
I thought this was going a different direction 🤪
They not the tough to trap. Get a few 330 conbear traps and the setter tool and have at it . Look for thier slides and set em up . They will do the rest . Its actually quite fun trapping . Good luck and enjoy

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
Dam break set with a drowning rod works great. Snares on slides with a little lure are productive as well, but I have much more success with the dam break sets.

Trapper

Set the cross over on the dam , set both side but put them on drowning rods that way when it's caught it's down in the deep part and won't spook other beavers . Set the deep side with a foothold on a drowning rod then the shallow side with a conibears but put enough wire on it for it to get away from the cross over . A beaver will get educated quick if you're using conibears and they get smacked and not caught . I have been in a few places after a trapper has been in there only using conibears and they only made them smarter ,they become square shy .

Planking

I have a similar problem every couple of years. I have better catch rates with the foothold sets over the the 330's. I caught one yesterday morning. I use the Bridger beaver foothold traps connected to drowning cables on a concrete block. Pile up a small mud castor mound at the top of the slick run you made and put some Dobbins Backbreaker on top of it with two 3 inch green twigs for visual appeal. Use sticks to guide them in the set that's firmly bedded in mud just under the water. Its takes a little work but it gets them everytime.

Henry

We were told to put a hole in the dam and then sit back and wait...as soon as they hear the leak they all come and start working. Then just pick them off.

Decided for now to leave them. We have a ton of bucks in the low land with the beaver dam making a ponded area so why change it.

Latest posts