Skunks and woodchucks need to go. But I don't want to kill my barn cats or bobcat. How to?

tug

I have a horse barn with partial concrete floor. Wood chucks have used a burrow under there for the last 400 years. I have used a conibear there and killed several a year for the last 15 years. Hit a skunk now and then. A possum maybe once a year.

Now my trail cam shows a bobcat fairly regularly and an orange feral cat. I think these two are on balance good for the area. How do I keep the pressure on chucks and skunks without risking the cats? I have a couple of live traps that don't work nearly as well as the conibears.

How to set conibears without risking cats is the question.

thanks

Planking

I dont know how well leg holds will work on groundhogs but you can release anything out of those same as a live trap. Probably have to use close jaws but a you can get those with cushions.

rem270

Speaking of groundhogs l, I caught one this year. Really wanted to let it go but was afraid it may try and eat me up if I got close enough.
20240213_192115.jpg

tug

I set a trail cam on the burrow. Will just set the conibear at about 8 am. Pull it at about 5 pm. I see chucks during the day. My cams got the cats at night. Except the bobcat. See that one at about 9 am a few times.

Latest posts