my first bear hunt

blstn

in the woods for 20 min.
BobbysBear00000.jpg

blstn

This past summer I run into a guy I knew from the neighborhood I grew up in and in we start talking about hunting and he tells me he gave up on deer hunting and is hooked on hog hunting and that's something I've always wanted to do. So we exchange numbers and he calls me in august to do some scouting in the south Cherokee wma but when deer season opens I just cant give it up so they go without me. Now its Nov. I've got 3 deer one nice one and I'm ready to go hog hunting. I call my buddy and he tells me about a hog bear hunt with dogs east of 411 and north of 64 first part of Dec. We meet up Sun the 14th and he drops me and another guy off at one logging rd he goes down to the next rd with his brother. When I reach a spot that I like its light enough to go in without my flashlight. I sit on the side of a ridge that I can see a about 150 yards to the sides and up the next ridge. 20 minuets later I see him coming down the ridge across from me he makes it to the bottom or the ridge I bleat at him like I would a deer he turns and looks at me and I fire my first shot he turns runs about 3/4 ways back up the ridge he came down and cant make it up so I hit him again then he turns and heads right at me stops about 15 yards in front of me behind a blow down he starts to moan and growl I reload walk around him gave him 1 more shot to make sure he was down. Then the drag began lord you talk about a heavy @#!$ I wish we had a 4wheeler.

ghosthunter

That is down right awesome. I've been wanting to do that for years. I think I'm gonna do some scouting this winter for next year just to learn an area a little bit. I spoke with some boys on our hunting club who run dogs up there and they said that it shouldn't be too hard to find a bear without dogs.

Latest posts