My best one yet, for my son

TboneD

awsome story! It's amazing how in the hardest times in life god graces us with a deer like that!
Yes sir!

While the good Lord's mercies on us sinners are new every morning, He gives us occasional milestones as reminders of His goodness. Believe it or not, it's my wife who wants this buck for the wall, and so the cape is already with the taxidermist. But whether it's a really good deer or the celebration of the achievements of our closest loved ones, for instance, these special blessings are not only encouraging, but are the very best memories we can have if they continue to stir our affections for the Good Lord and the loved ones He's placed in our lives. As the old song goes, "Count your many blessings see what God has done!"

Blessings in Christ!
Dave

shanel36

Congrats on your buck!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I lost my father in March of this year and my mother in 17. Since I was 10 yrs old he never missed an opening day of deer season with me or my brother and after we had kids old enough to hunt never missed a juvenile hunt them. This year has been though as it will be the first year in 38 that he and I haven't been together in the woods. It's been very emotional but I've put more emphasis on my boys hunting than myself. Thanks again for your story and God Bless!!!

TboneD

Congrats on your buck!! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I lost my father in March of this year and my mother in 17. Since I was 10 yrs old he never missed an opening day of deer season with me or my brother and after we had kids old enough to hunt never missed a juvenile hunt them. This year has been though as it will be the first year in 38 that he and I haven't been together in the woods. It's been very emotional but I've put more emphasis on my boys hunting than myself. Thanks again for your story and God Bless!!

You know it, brother. Thank you!

Union Co. Boy

Talk about carrying your loved ones memories with you! Awesome story and a great reminder to cherish our lives and families. Congratulations on a smoker of a buck!

Chiflyguy

You know it, brother. And it can be such a battle of the mind, especially when you're not seeing anything for hours. Since I didn't know how I'd be able to stay on stand for any length of time last season I didn't hunt until muzzleloader. I was just so afraid of sitting there with my thoughts and ending up more depressed. Might not have hunted at all if I didn't have a hunting buddy to go with, my good friend Chris Wilson. Thankfully he bought a new crossbow this year, though, so I've had motivation and someone to go with from day one. And I'm doing much better. Thanks!
With both my parents gone in the last 18 months, little things make me think of them.
A hard one was I'd call them after deer hunting.
Dad would call me an "environmentallly safe hunter" when I got zilch and mom would be in the background yelling "Didn't get anything, hahahahaha"
Neither deer hunted but they knew how much I love being in the woods.
If I was happy, they were happy.
Sorry about your son.
I got 2 boys and worry about them all the time.

TboneD

With both my parents gone in the last 18 months, little things make me think of them.
A hard one was I'd call them after deer hunting.
Dad would call me an "environmentallly safe hunter" when I got zilch and mom would be in the background yelling "Didn't get anything, hahahahaha"
Neither deer hunted but they knew how much I love being in the woods.
If I was happy, they were happy.
Sorry about your son.
I got 2 boys and worry about them all the time.
Man, that's really tough and I'm so sorry for all your loss. A little piece of my past died with my Daddy and it sounds like yours had a good sense of humor as well. I talk to Mama most every week but know one day the call won't be her but it'll be about her. Hurts even just thinking about it. Just love and raise those boys right, and remember that praying does more good than worrying.

Latest posts