Missouri mud

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
I used to carry a small shovel and an old machete to "cut" the mud off the tires. 15 years of that was enough to make Reelfoot more appealing
Yeah I told @rem270 I have a sharpshooter shovel with about a 14" handle that we used to dig the ditch under my son's deck to run electricity to his shop that would have been VERY handy that day.
Too bad it was in Paris. LOL

beefydeer

I sell alot of side by sides to people that hunt over there and alot of them put tracks on them. They stay up on top of the mud no problem.

woodyard

One thing for certain. We are nuts!

I am wondering if anybody ever tried putting something on your boots,maybe a vegetable oil, to get the mud to release.
Water doesn't seem to cut it much unless lots of pressure and time. I hate to use the pressure washer on them, but that is about what it takes. I may experiment with oil since I have enough mud in piles to pretend I am back over there.

Spent a couple of hours yesterday just getting the "gravel" from the road out of the truck wheel wells and some of the mud off the Polaris with a regular hose from the well. Going to get the pressure washer out today.

cbhunter

I am wondering if anybody ever tried putting something on your boots,maybe a vegetable oil, to get the mud to release.
Water doesn't seem to cut it much unless lots of pressure and time. I hate to use the pressure washer on them, but that is about what it takes. I may experiment with oil since I have enough mud in piles to pretend I am back over there.

Spent a couple of hours yesterday just getting the "gravel" from the road out of the truck wheel wells and some of the mud off the Polaris with a regular hose from the well. Going to get the pressure washer out today.
I started to text the group the other day and say I've discovered that you just throw your boots away after each trip. 😆

RUGER

2-Step Enabled

I have "heard" WD-40 works good. Dunno though.

TnKen

2-Step Enabled
I talked with one of the farmers about how they get the mud off. Their response was to let it dry and knock it off.

OldGoat68

Sure your mud is like our AR mud , nasty. we've changed a few Ranger axles over the years. what seems to work best is getting after it while it's wet, but that's just us. And it's different by what's been grown in the field that year.
In the end though, it's worth that trouble to be able to chase so many more birds then what TN had to offer, especially with the way things are going now. Hate to say it, but TN is missing out on alot of $$$ going out of state because of the past few years. Don't see any reason for me to buy the TN Sportsman license any more.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Hate to say it, but TN is missing out on alot of $$$ going out of state because of the past few years. Don't see any reason for me to buy the TN Sportsman license any more.
Same here. I have bought my last one for sure.
They couldn't care less though.
The way the almost entire agency is run now is a joke.

OldGoat68

Same here. I have bought my last one for sure.
They couldn't care less though.
The way the almost entire agency is run now is a joke.
A joke is a great description. From what i can tell, we're about an hour to the west of your pit. It's def different hunting, but still fun. Don't give up on it if season isn't perfect. Taken us a few years, but it's coming together now we know better how to hunt the area, how to set decoys better for the fields and what weather is better for us. BTW, make sure you move those decoys around. Local birds do learn stale fields quick. We noticed more birds working when we pull them most every day. Advice worth what you're paying for it.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
A joke is a great description. From what i can tell, we're about an hour to the west of your pit. It's def different hunting, but still fun. Don't give up on it if season isn't perfect. Taken us a few years, but it's coming together now we know better how to hunt the area, how to set decoys better for the fields and what weather is better for us. BTW, make sure you move those decoys around. Local birds do learn stale fields quick. We noticed more birds working when we pull them most every day. Advice worth what you're paying for it.
We were joking while putting them out Saturday that no matter where we put them when my son gets there we will move every one of them. LOL

Honestly I wanted to start with just a few dozen and add to them every trip, and move them, but logistics was a real issue.
We will definitely move them around while we are hunting the local birds. :D

Hduke86

Get you some plain rubber boots and soak them in Armor-All. You can also spray it on the inside of the wheel well and other areas that get caked. I use to do that on my jeeps and it definitely made it easier to come off.

Latest posts