Minn kita ulterra issue…..

bluball

Lol. Its was definitely soldered. And lots of it. And lots of electrical tape
Atleast it wasn't bubble wrapped with clear packing tape and wedged between 2 pieces of aluminum.😀We had a customer come in that had all kinds of electronics trouble on his pretty n ew seaark boat.They had a glass fuse box with no cover stuffed in the front access panel with bubble wrap and packing tape.It was a dealership around nashvile,some just don't care.

7mm08

Atleast it wasn't bubble wrapped with clear packing tape and wedged between 2 pieces of aluminum.😀We had a customer come in that had all kinds of electronics trouble on his pretty n ew seaark boat.They had a glass fuse box with no cover stuffed in the front access panel with bubble wrap and packing tape.It was a dealership around nashvile,some just don't care.
Or hire guys that smoke dope on the way to work !!!

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
NEW SeaArk... clark marine maybe....

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
@bluball was i right?? LOL

7mm08

Heard a " theory " yesterday…… that charging your batteries with the trolling motor plug in can burn that motherboard???

I don't unplug mine but I will start doing that. Simple enough.

What say you?

redblood

Well ulterra had to have the lower end replaced. I pick it up tomorrow. 700.00 with parts and labor. Oh well, better than 2500.00 for a new one
Picked it up yestersay. Culprit was 1000 yards of fishing line in the prop. Most of it was heavy line ( i only use 2 and 4 pound test). He replaced the shaft and the lower unit. Lesson learned

megalomaniac

I'm no expert, but I thought the newer motors had a built in resistance sensor to shut down current through the armature to prevent damage to the motor itself? Did the line destroy the seal and allow water to get into the foot?

How did you not see the line around the shaft when you pulled it to check the shear pin?

Regardless, pull your prop on your outboard to make sure you didn't wrap it as well. That line can destroy the seals to your lower unit.

redblood

I'm no expert, but I thought the newer motors had a built in resistance sensor to shut down current through the armature to prevent damage to the motor itself? Did the line destroy the seal and allow water to get into the foot?

How did you not see the line around the shaft when you pulled it to check the shear pin?

Regardless, pull your prop on your outboard to make sure you didn't wrap it as well. That line can destroy the seals to your lower unit.
I never pulled the prop. I wish i would have.

Latest posts