Minerals

PSE Shooter18

Today I bought 100lbs of salt and 50lbs of dicalcium phosphate. I mixed the 2 together is there anything else I need to mix with it?

huvrman

I established 2 new sites and freshened 2 more. Had deer hitting all of them 3 days later. Have been getting pics for the last 8 weeks.

rem270

I put out the trace mineral loose and they hammer it good. I used to use the 50 lb salt blocks and they used it over the years but the last 3 years or so I've used the red mineral and they seem to like it more.

Shanman

Here's a good article on licks.....
https://www.grandviewoutdoors.com/big-g ... icks-cheap

This is basically how I've been doing it and for around $65 you can almost fill up 5 5gal buckets.
1 part Dicalcium Phosphate (Co-Op)
2 parts Trace Mineral Salt (TSC)
1 part Fine Livestock Salt (TSC)

Just mix it all together with a shovel in the garage and then fill up your buckets, do this the night before putting out. I use 1 bucket for new sites and 1/2 a bucket for existing sites, adding water helps dilute it down so they start using it sooner. If they aren't hitting the lick the way I know they should, then I'll take a hammer to a Trophy Rock and add several pieces into the lick. I really like the 30-06 mineral and have witnessed the difference it can make, but can get more product for less money with the above mix.

I

Andy S.

Salt is all you need to draw them for inventorying individual bucks. Mineral supplementation in free ranging deer is a effort in futility if you are looking to "help" them grow bigger antlers. Make sure salt and minerals "for wildlife" are legal in your county. There are now eleven counties in Unit CWD where they are not legal, and I suspect that number will continue to grow over time.

barkscraper

Your right about the salt just white feed stock is fine but we feel the need to buy trophy rocks sugar and everything we can find with a buck on the bag. I guess that's the way we are but regular salt is fine cause if the other would help, my deer would look like elk from all the minerals over the years

Latest posts