When to pull minerals and feed for deer legally

Rakkin6

This is what I got from the TWRA site. But it doesn't specify if it is 10 days before the velvet hunt or ten days before now season. I am sure this has been discussed but I couldn't find the thread. Just looking for clarity to make sure I am legal. This is really the first time I am going to be hunting some private land any significant amount. Thanks for the help guys. I know all the other regulations about distance etc. Just not which date this applies to.

No person shall make use of bait to hunt (TCA 70-1-101) wildlife unless the bait has been removed and any electronic feeder disabled at least 10 days prior to hunting. Salt and mineral are allowed if the salt/mineral contains at least 51% salt by weight of salt minerals or it does not contain whole grain or other non-refined food stuffs

Last edited by a moderator:

MickThompson

All bait has to be gone for 10 days before you hunt. If you cleaned up all your bait 11 days before season closed, you could legally hunt the last day of season. Legally speaking outside of the CWD zone, bait is feed until you hunt.

Omega

Still have minerals out, 3 sites in 7 acres so there shouldn't be too much congestion at each site. My other place is in the CWD zone now so nothing there, as you can't even use scents unless certified CWD free.

Latest posts