Might be a dumb question?

Chickencoop96

Gotta ask this question because i genuinely just don't know, but has anyone ever seen modern muzzleloader bullets (power belts, etc.) fired from traditional muzzleloaders. i have random packs of 50 cal powerbelts laying in my gun cabinet but no in line muzzleloader. but i do have a 50 cal Thompson center Hawken that i would like to try them with ( if that's feasible) I just fire lead round balls out of it. i know that i can't fire modern smokeless powder or pellets but maybe if i stuck with black powder it may work? 😂 i feel like only a pilgrim would ask this question

CHRIS WILSON

Powerbelts can do pretty well depending on which ones you're shooting and how fast you're trying to push them. Kept at moderate velocities, they perform quite well....particularly the heavier 348-405 gr ones. If I remember right, the TC Hawken had a 1:48 twist rate. It should shoot decently well with the powerbelts. Might not do as well with saboted bullets. Actual black powder or Pyrodex would work well.

Chickencoop96

Powerbelts can do pretty well depending on which ones you're shooting and how fast you're trying to push them. Kept at moderate velocities, they perform quite well....particularly the heavier 348-405 gr ones. If I remember right, the TC Hawken had a 1:48 twist rate. It should shoot decently well with the powerbelts. Might not do as well with saboted bullets. Actual black powder or Pyrodex would work well.
Thanks for the info! i just hate for them to sit and not use them. I am gonna have to get me a decent inline at some point though.

Bullit

2-Step Enabled
I have shot sabots out my 50 caliber Hawkens and my new inline and round balls. I hunt with my own hand poured TC hunter bullets and the are very accurate and deadly with 100 grains of 777.

Latest posts