A little specific, but a question about Blackhorn

CliffordN

A friend suggested I try Blackhorn, and he has some to offer. In his TC Pro Hunter, he uses 80 grains to push a 250 grain Hornady SST, and says it does fine.
I have the same rifle, but used 250 grain TC Shockwaves the last time I hunted with the 50 cal barrel, which was ten or more years ago.
So, my question is, does anyone else happen to have a TC and shoot the 250 grain Shockwaves with Blackhorn, and if so what load do you like?

JCDEERMAN

I have a TC Omega and use the 250 grain Shockwaves. This year, I moved to BH209. 84 grains by weight is the max load and that's 120 grains by volume. Took 3 shots. I could tell it was much more crisp and moving much faster. I'll now be getting 700 more fpe than I did with 777 pellets.

Union Co. Boy

I use 200 grain Shockwaves in my Pro Hunter with 120 grains of Blackhorn 209. Another lease member uses the same load in his as well. It's been accurate and all shots have resulted in little to no tracking. On game performance has honestly been quite impressive. You could back way off on the powder charge, but it's what our guns have liked best, so we've stuck with it.

Latest posts