Looking for Garmin 106 or 126

TN Larry

Anyone know where a better deal is than the bass pro sale? I would consider a used one in good condition and don't need the transducer. I'm leaning towards the 126.

Crow Terminator

If you're like me you will definitely enjoy the 126 size. I had a 93 and 106...everybody says the 106 is sharper due to the pixels per inch being the same as the 126 and the 126 stretches the image out. But for me...the extra size outweighs that. I really like the 126. It's hard to beat the BPS pricing on them now. I've seen used ones without transducers selling for as much as what BPS is selling new with the GT54 transducer. If they made a 15 or 16 inch EchoMap for a fair price, I'd be all over it.

redblood

If you're like me you will definitely enjoy the 126 size. I had a 93 and 106...everybody says the 106 is sharper due to the pixels per inch being the same as the 126 and the 126 stretches the image out. But for me...the extra size outweighs that. I really like the 126. It's hard to beat the BPS pricing on them now. I've seen used ones without transducers selling for as much as what BPS is selling new with the GT54 transducer. If they made a 15 or 16 inch EchoMap for a fair price, I'd be all over it.
agree- definitely go with the biggest screen you can afford. i have a 12" and love it, but a 16" has crossed my mind

woodsman04

Hard to beat the deals at the Bass Pro now. In my opinion it's as good as a deal gets.

I'm no sonar expert by no means. Even worse with like computer technology. But the 106 is supposedly better than the 93 because of pixels or something. The Echomap Ultra models, the 106 and 126 have more pixels than the UHDs. I think….

If you fished for a living everyday sounds like the GT56 transducer is the way to go. But I am plenty happy with my GT54 transducer. I try to fish once or twice a week at least. But I fish for crappie and fish for fun mainly.

fullstream

I had a 93 & a 73 both uhd2's, got a 126 from bass pro and am using the gt56 I had with the 93. Picture is definitely not as vibrant on the 126 but dang it's easier to see than the 73. My boy got the 73 and he's tickled pink as he had a Stryker previously. The $1500 hit hurt but each time I'm on the water the pain eases 😎

Latest posts