Garmin help

Urban_Hunter

Ticked off. Went this afternoon and went to my first spot no problem. Moved to second spot and my graph (93sv) was off. Wouldn't power on. Got back and inline fuse was blown. Changed it, blows instantly. Tried different power source, same result. Thought maybe the cable got pinched by the trolling motor moving spots or something, so I stripped it way up the cable. No pinch or cuts. Hooked it up to my tester on a 30amp fuse and it powers up but the backlight is dead. I can hold my face to it and navigate the menu, operates seemingly fine, but zero backlight. Ran it from 0 to 100% backlight, no change. Hooked it back up to inline fuse, instantly kills it. Bought from BPS back in the fall and they said 30 days on returns.

WTM

sounds like the backlight voltage regulator is shorted. garmin is pretty good about warrantying their equipment.

if i was running the unit off a cranking battery i would check AC leakage from the altenator. also if you run the unit off drill batteries or poorly filtered dc-dc converters i would not tell customer service that info.

Latest posts