Garmin advice

fullstream

Have a 93sv uhd2 on console and 73sv uhd2 on front. Was thinking of getting the 126sv ultra for console and moving 93 to front. Anyone have the 126sv and can share there opinion? Is it worth the $1500? (On sale at Cabela's now)
Thanks Steve

Crow Terminator

I have a 126 up front for Livescope and the 93 beside it for maps and down imaging. Yesterday when I was fishing, I got the idea to unhook the transducer from the 93 and plug it into the 126 just to see how it looked with downvu and sidevu. That little move will cost me about $1500 now, as I'm gonna have to boot the 93 for another 126. I could just see so much more on that bigger screen. Bad eyes I guess.

fullstream

I have a 126 up front for Livescope and the 93 beside it for maps and down imaging. Yesterday when I was fishing, I got the idea to unhook the transducer from the 93 and plug it into the 126 just to see how it looked with downvu and sidevu. That little move will cost me about $1500 now, as I'm gonna have to boot the 93 for another 126. I could just see so much more on that bigger screen. Bad eyes I guess.
Understood, my eyes ain't what they used to be. I'm getting the 126 in the morning.

Crow Terminator

I hear ya! You might want to check and see if the regular UHD models will network to the UHD2s. I have no idea but it's worth checking into if that's important to you. It is to me...thus why I'm going next week to see what kind of trade deal I can get on my Ultrex trolling motor and 10" Humminbird Solix for a Garmin Force and another 126 Ultra.

FLTENNHUNTER1

I hear ya! You might want to check and see if the regular UHD models will network to the UHD2s. I have no idea but it's worth checking into if that's important to you. It is to me...thus why I'm going next week to see what kind of trade deal I can get on my Ultrex trolling motor and 10" Humminbird Solix for a Garmin Force and another 126 Ultra.
Good Lord your electronics are now worth more than your boat!

Crow Terminator

No, they had already sold the Force I was going to go after (it was a used one). People on the Facebook groups say the Ultrex is more precise and responsive with the foot pedal but 98% of the time, I use the remote in auto pilot. So I don't know. I just saw they had a used GPSMap 8610 that I may try to trade my Solix for. I'm supposed to take my boat down tomorrow for the Tracker to Nitro trade...they are going to let me keep/swap my electronics and trolling motor if we do trade.

bluball

I figured it up one day and my trolling motor, lithium batteries, graphs, and livescope totaled up to right at $10k, and I bought my 1222 used.
$19,000 worth of electronics on my boat,I need help🤣I have been thinking about selling everything and rigging it out with all new units here lately.

Spurhunter

No, they had already sold the Force I was going to go after (it was a used one). People on the Facebook groups say the Ultrex is more precise and responsive with the foot pedal but 98% of the time, I use the remote in auto pilot. So I don't know. I just saw they had a used GPSMap 8610 that I may try to trade my Solix for. I'm supposed to take my boat down tomorrow for the Tracker to Nitro trade...they are going to let me keep/swap my electronics and trolling motor if we do trade.
I have all Garmin electronics and when I trolled it was phenomenal. I couldn't ask for a better trolling motor. The list of features is endless. However, now that I use livescope to snipe open water crappie the Force is a little jerky when it turns. My son has an Ultrex and it turns smoother but it's considerably louder. There is an update out for the Force I'm doing this weekend. I'm hoping it helps but it may have nothing to do with it.

Crow Terminator

There will be no boat trade deal for the Nitro. They only want to give me $16k for my boat. He said they'd have to price mine to be able to sell it. I thought to myself, that shouldn't be hard to give me around $19 to $20k for mine and set it on the lot for $23-25k considering the new one just like it are on their lot for $33,095. But you know how that goes. Now I'm stuck with a boat I hate unless I marketplace list it and deal with the stupid people that usually brings out.

bluball

I have all Garmin electronics and when I trolled it was phenomenal. I couldn't ask for a better trolling motor. The list of features is endless. However, now that I use livescope to snipe open water crappie the Force is a little jerky when it turns. My son has an Ultrex and it turns smoother but it's considerably louder. There is an update out for the Force I'm doing this weekend. I'm hoping it helps but it may have nothing to do with it.
The new quest ultrex is quiet,they are nice.I agree with your opinion on both,they are both good trolling motors.

Spurhunter

Update on the update: I went down to Sardis Friday and did the update on my Garmin Force trolling motor which then updates the remote control and foot control. I went to the lake yesterday and tried it out. I was very pleased. The update really smoothed out the steering. I knew I couldn't be the only one complaining about the jerky steering. Anyway, if you have a Force and have not done it, do the update. It really improves a bunch of features, but most importantly, the steering.

Latest posts