Looking for decent/good fishing spots nears clarksville, TN

morrisk007

some buddies and I just got our fishing gear to us here on fort campbell and we are looking for any decent/good fishing spots and some guidance on what the fish like around here. we have been to clarksville marina and a couple other small spots but we would like to know a good setup for catfish and where to go. We would also like to figure out some decent/good bass fishing spot and what lures are they being caught on. Any and all advice would be welcomed, thank you.

Pilchard

Water Landscape GIF

Pilchard

That was my attempt at being funny by saying the best fishing spots are in the water...

Generally you won't get much advice about specific spots by posting on here asking for them. Especially as a new guy(don't take this the wrong way).

Most people don't want to burn their spots up by sharing them on the open web.

Stick around a while and engage in the topics being discussed. You'll make some friends who will be more than willing to help you.

morrisk007

That was my attempt at being funny by saying the best fishing spots are in the water...

Generally you won't get much advice about specific spots by posting on here asking for them. Especially as a new guy(don't take this the wrong way).

Most people don't want to burn their spots up by sharing them on the open web.

Stick around a while and engage in the topics being discussed. You'll make some friends who will be more than willing to help you.
I'm not asking for anyone's honey hole. Just want some general direction about the area. I figured I'd ask a fishing forum about public property. No big deal if that's not what this isn't used for.

WTM

this link will get you started. it lists all the counties and the public spots with access. over around paris landing there is a bunch of spots you can walk miles on the shore until they start raising the levels in april. there is also the national wildlife refuge that will open in a week or two. youll need a permit for the refuge.

morrisk007

this link will get you started. it lists all the counties and the public spots with access. over around paris landing there is a bunch of spots you can walk miles on the shore until they start raising the levels in april. there is also the national wildlife refuge that will open in a week or two. youll need a permit for the refuge.

Thank you, I appreciate the help. What lures are popular with the fish around here?

mike243

Crappie are starting to bite and small hair jigs and small plastics work well, minnows are my favorite way to catch them and I catch catfish a lot also. good luck

Omega

Try Dyers creek, about 30 minutes from FTCKY on Hwy 79, just before you get to Dover. Decent shore fishing and has a place to picnic at too. I used to catch a bunch of cat under a bridge by there, but I was in a Jon boat, but seen foot traffic there too but wouldn't know how to access it.

1710432434933.png

On FTCKY there are a few lakes, Taal and Kyle, and they stock trout in the Little West Fork at certain locations (Ask MWR), haven't fished there in years so don't know how good but they used to be pretty decent and don't expect it to be any different.

WTM

Try Dyers creek, about 30 minutes from FTCKY on Hwy 79, just before you get to Dover. Decent shore fishing and has a place to picnic at too. I used to catch a bunch of cat under a bridge by there, but I was in a Jon boat, but seen foot traffic there too but wouldn't know how to access it.

View attachment 219614

On FTCKY there are a few lakes, Taal and Kyle, and they stock trout in the Little West Fork at certain locations (Ask MWR), haven't fished there in years so don't know how good but they used to be pretty decent and don't expect it to be any different.
there is a gravel road before the bridge that goes down to below the bridge. you can drive to it.

WTM

Thank you, I appreciate the help. What lures are popular with the fish around here?
you dont have to spend a bunch of money to catch fish. a couple spinnerbaits, maybe a few 3/8 jigs for bass. for weekend fishing those walmart spinnerbaits work fine. my first largemouth over 10 pounds was on a white walmart spinnerbait with a blue pork rind trailer. best $1 i ever spent.

channel cats can be caught on just about anything from nightcrawlers to dip baits. blue and flatheads like live or cut bait. you can catch smaller blues on nightcrawlers as well. if you can find a bank that the TVA or COR has lined with white rip rap rock it attracts all kinds of fish and you can load up on channel cats in april, may and june.

Pic IN the Casa

Never underestimate the power of a white or chartreuse Roostertail around and structure. Cheap and effective.
If I'm bombing out I tie one on and at least catch a few bream.

Bullfrog

The catfish will start picking up soon around the bridge at Paris Landing. You'll be able to catch them about anywhere along the rocks before you get to the bridge.

Latest posts