Live from the stand 2023

woodyard

Eastern view this morn. IMG_3733.jpeg

rem270

Just over the crest of that hill lays a doe. Shot her in the food plot about 35 yards and she ran about 50 and piled up. My dad is hunting our bottom field and soon as it got daylight could see a big buck laying dead in the field. I assume it was shot somewhere close by this past weekend and not recovered. Anxious to see which one it is here in a bit.
20231213_072558.jpg

knightrider

Just over the crest of that hill lays a doe. Shot her in the food plot about 35 yards and she ran about 50 and piled up. My dad is hunting our bottom field and soon as it got daylight could see a big buck laying dead in the field. I assume it was shot somewhere close by this past weekend and not recovered. Anxious to see which one it is here in a bit.
View attachment 207286
I like that spot😁 congrats brother, sucks on the big buck though

Snake

View attachment 207286
Congrats on the doe brother but sad about the buck .

Stalkhunter

View attachment 207286
Congrats on doe to bad on the buck

backyardtndeer

Slow morning here so far. Calm and cool. Sitting in the bottom on my southwest side again. Just before light side by side rode in on the property behind me and parked about 75 yards from me. No clue where dude is at.

Had a doe and fawn come though early. Cell cam showed a chase sequence in my field where I am not. Three does and a little buck. Still getting pics of coyotes, hoping to pop a few more.
1702562826448245941288217697733.jpg

backyardtndeer

Just before light side by side rode in on the property behind me and parked about 75 yards from me.
Cell cam showed a chase sequence in my field where I am not. Three does and a little buck
Before I got down I ended up seeing that group come through on the property behind me and they went through my wind and on past. Those deer walked within no more than 10 yards of the guys side by side and didn't seem to pay it any attention. I know they had to see it, they never acted spooked or at all concerned by it. I kept expecting the guy to shoot the little buck or one of the does but he never shot. Further up a couple of the deer did stop in the exact same spot and dropped their heads for maybe 30 seconds or less, I couldn't see anything there, wondered if that might be one of his corn dumping spots?

backyardtndeer

Back at it here again too. South wind at my face is pretty brisk and definitely colder than the real feel said it was.

Probably a mile away heard several rifle shots from same location, maybe they busted a bunch of coyotes.

backyardtndeer

Within a few minutes after missing the coyote heard a couple howling a little ways off with an emergency vehicle. Tried my kiyi call and no luck. Ended up seeing a couple button bucks probably 20 minutes later. Little guy had to stretch to reach the licking branch.
23121608071001003185.jpeg

Probably 15 minutes later saw a mature doe.

Got down and walked over where there should have been sign of a hit on the coyote and didn't find any sign. Tough hitting them when they are in stride, think I probably shot over it's back.