Let’s do another

Shed Hunter

Super nice buck! Side view tells the story a little better nice G2s....but also nice G3s & G4s...and super brows....it adds up quick....great buck.
Young too. Just the perfect rack to score high. Not an extremely heavy set of antlers though. I have a few sheds that feel bigger despite the 76" antler being my biggest

Andy S.

Very impressive, did not realize he had 6 on his left side. Also would never have guessed 19" inside spread based on the front on pic. Highest I would have guessed would have been 155" knowing all of that. I scored him twice, got 150" first time and 145" the second time. I always go with the lesser when estimating, to err on the side of caution. I would rather have ground growth than ground shrinkage. Thanks for sharing.

Specializedjon

100-180 what do i win?😁
Bob....I'm going with 181

excited the price is right GIF by CBS

Joe2Kool

I guessed before I looked at any replies. I was gonna be a smart @$$ and guess 162-3/8 gross and 156 7/8 net. Then I saw all the 140 ish guesses. And then the actual. Maybe I'm better than I thought!

Regardless, very nice deer!

TN Whitetail Freak

I guessed 138.5 but I failed to see the g5 and abnormals and gave him 20" beams cause he reminded me of a 3 year old and typically that's about how long they are. I was close on all other measurements

Shed Hunter

I guessed 138.5 but I failed to see the g5 and abnormals and gave him 20" beams cause he reminded me of a 3 year old and typically that's about how long they are. I was close on all other measurements
this deer is just particularly deceiving. I knew beforehand how big he actually was from summer pics. I assumed older from the antler size and not sure if I was excited or disappointed when I pulled cards later and could tell he was young

Shed Hunter

Where do y'all tend to find most of your sheds? We find most of ours in the draws of ag fields.
I find them anywhere you can imagine. This year I found most in the hardwoods but I only really looked the one spot for this particular deer since I was so busy this shed season. There aren't any ag fields nearby this area. Closest are a coupls miles away on private land

tickweed

Sheds. A fair bit bigger than the one Easy45 scored for me at 156" when you were at Chickasaw (which was also guessed at 145" over and over on here)
If found, then how can you really be accurate without inside spread measurements? Im assuming all this is estimated gross score. Super nice deer. just looks weak on tine length from front view, going from pic we see on first view. Then click on pic, it looks like a different deer. Great main beam length will carry it. Tines much different in second pic.

Shed Hunter

If found, then how can you really be accurate without inside spread measurements? Im assuming all this is estimated gross score. Super nice deer. just looks weak on tine length from front view, going from pic we see on first view. Then click on pic, it looks like a different deer. Great main beam length will carry it. Tines much different in second pic.
This is the point of the thread. People will so confidentially tell people a deer is smaller than it is and be entirely wrong. It's no doubt the same deer in both pictures. I use burst fire. Can post full sequence. I gave the deer the name Lambo because of his angled tines.

he's no doubt at least 19" wide. Anyone that's held the antlers can tell pretty easy. Even if he is say 15" wide.. he's still 160"

Andy S.

Where are the 4" of stickers/kickers in the trail cam pic? I think I see one of them on the left shed at the base, but clearly not evident in the trail cam pic. Is this an IR (red flash camera) trail cam pic?

Shed Hunter

Where are the 4" of stickers/kickers in the trail cam pic? I think I see one of them on the left shed at the base, but clearly not evident in the trail cam pic. Is this an IR (red flash camera) trail cam pic?
There's also 1.5" of beam in the photo that isn't on the sheds. I knew no one would guess right. I wouldn't either. But I knew someone would also claim it must be smaller because.. well simply that's what they think so that must be the case

Volbuck777

Why do you care if people think it's smaller, than it actually is. Are you saying you posted this to see if someone would fuss with you about score of a deer. I could care less what people think of my buck. It's mine . Also I'll still say I don't see 160 inches. Numbers on paper or not. Obviously I'm not calling you a liar or saying 2 or 3 people don't know how to score. I just personally can't see it from the pics, you posted. In saying all this that's a heck of a buck and he'd never get a pass from me I don't care if he was a 2 year old, with that head gear he's dead if he steps in front of me. Now y'all can frown on me. Lol

Latest posts