Another little buck (piebald)

Ski

I think most of the deer I kill suffer from dwarfism. :D

In reality, I once killed a 3.5 year old 8 point at Oak Ridge. It's field dressed weight was 82 pounds. I thought it was a lot bigger than that because everything was in the right proportions. It was just small.

Same here. I'm used to it now but it had me pretty perplexed when I first moved here. Still don't know why they're so tiny but I've learned to expect it now.

Ski

The biggest rack buck we have ever killed on my place in 21 years scored 168 with left G2 broke off & his live weight was 148 lbs. I let him walk the evening before as I convinced myself that his small body was making rack look huge 🤣

170" has a way of making a body look small! That's an incredible rack for TN.

30-06 type of guy

Laurel hill had one there my first year getting drawn in 2018 I believe. A group of deer got chased by dogs from private on to public on the opposite side of the ridge. I was looking thru my scope at a spike coming up and noticed a set of antlers that was way lower than his body. I pulled my gun down and was mind blown. Due to antler restrictions and him running I didn't pull the trigger. Glad someone finally killed one cuz I'm sure my story sounded like a black panther story to some that I've told.

Ski

Laurel hill had one there my first year getting drawn in 2018 I believe. A group of deer got chased by dogs from private on to public on the opposite side of the ridge. I was looking thru my scope at a spike coming up and noticed a set of antlers that was way lower than his body. I pulled my gun down and was mind blown. Due to antler restrictions and him running I didn't pull the trigger. Glad someone finally killed one cuz I'm sure my story sounded like a black panther story to some that I've told.

They exist. I'll testify to it in court with one hand on the bible and the other raised. Its a real thing!

Latest posts