Let’s do another

Ski

This is the point of the thread. People will so confidentially tell people a deer is smaller than it is and be entirely wrong.

What I've seen mostly is people grossly over estimating score, even exaggerating it when they know better.

What would you estimate these two deer?

Attachments

• Goofy 15aug20.JPG
    Goofy 15aug20.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 47

Shed Hunter

Why do you care if people think it's smaller, than it actually is. Are you saying you posted this to see if someone would fuss with you about score of a deer. I could care less what people think of my buck. It's mine . Also I'll still say I don't see 160 inches. Numbers on paper or not. Obviously I'm not calling you a liar or saying 2 or 3 people don't know how to score. I just personally can't see it from the pics, you posted. In saying all this that's a heck of a buck and he'd never get a pass from me I don't care if he was a 2 year old, with that head gear he's dead if he steps in front of me. Now y'all can frown on me. Lol
I don't really care. I have the sheds. It's an example to show people trail cam pics can be deceiving and often times the deer looks smaller than it is rather than larger

TN Whitetail Freak

If found, then how can you really be accurate without inside spread measurements? Im assuming all this is estimated gross score. Super nice deer. just looks weak on tine length from front view, going from pic we see on first view. Then click on pic, it looks like a different deer. Great main beam length will carry it. Tines much different in second pic.
Do you have any mounted deer and or skull plates with antlers. Reason I ask is you can guesstimate a spread by measuring between the burrs. Most I've measured are 2.125-2.625. I used the middle as a guess on spread.

Shed Hunter

Do you have any mounted deer and or skull plates with antlers. Reason I ask is you can guesstimate a spread by measuring between the burrs. Most I've measured are 2.125-2.625. I used the middle as a guess on spread.
Exactly. I have a Mountain Mike's skull cap I use to set them on and the deer in this thread is wide enough to fit around my 19.5" outside spread mounted deer. But we're still just saying 19" for the sake of making people happy.

TN Whitetail Freak

Exactly. I have a Mountain Mike's skull cap I use to set them on and the deer in this thread is wide enough to fit around my 19.5" outside spread mounted deer. But we're still just saying 19" for the sake of making people happy.
That was for tickweed I'm not doubting your measurement cause I guessed him 18.5 inside 20.25 outside

tickweed

As stated , super nice deer. Not under cutting him at all. My point is, its all about the first pic you presented. If that's all a person ever seen, than it is very misleading. Amazing how the angle can change it all. Great deer

Shed Hunter

As stated , super nice deer. Not under cutting him at all. My point is, its all about the first pic you presented. If that's all a person ever seen, than it is very misleading. Amazing how the angle can change it all. Great deer
You're all good tickweed. I'm just a tad bit obsessive with big deer. I suppose there's always going to be wrong score guesses in both directions. I do particularly hate it when I see a low guess discourage a hunter to say they do not want to shoot the deer (granted 9/10 times Im sure they still would of presented the shot and seeing it in person.. they always look bigger in the woods)