LBL

THEdonkey0515

I was up there Monday & Tuesday hunting. It was slow, and Hot! dad seen 4 doe Monday morning 40 yards out of range.

Monday eve we seen nothing....

Tuesday nothing......

It was the first time I've been up there in years, and hunted for a couple days with out at least seen one.

A camper stopped, and asked if we had any luck Cause he hadn't been. said his not been seeing anything at all. Said they was not many deer killed on the youth hunt. That came from him so I Don't know how much truth there is to that, but he said he had been camped there since last week so he might know.

rrptdp

My son and i and another friend and his son hunted 17 hours on youth hunt good sign, scraps, rubs, lots acorns fresh deer droppings did not see a single deer. We did notice in one of the scraps one had visited during the night. Just didn't move in area 12 where we were at during the day. Only 10 deer killed on Saturday and 5 of those came from area 13 others killed spread around. We did not stop on the way out Sunday to check if any more were killed. Only heard 5 shots on Saturday and only 2 shots on Sunday.

Land Between the Lakes

LBL has been slow for most people this season. LBL is usually a tough place to bow hunt for most people. It seems as though, unless the rut is going, those bucks like to lay on those ridges and often don't move until dark this time of season. Plus, a lot of places you may see bucks in November, you will NOT see bucks typically in September or October.

THEdonkey0515

we did see a few scraps as well & a few rubs one monster rub... They was a lot more sign up there this time last year in the spots I hunted anyway.

acorns where everywhere.

THEdonkey0515

rrptdp":jc644mco said:
My son and i and another friend and his son hunted 17 hours on youth hunt good sign, scraps, rubs, lots acorns fresh deer droppings did not see a single deer. We did notice in one of the scraps one had visited during the night. Just didn't move in area 12 where we were at during the day. Only 10 deer killed on Saturday and 5 of those came from area 13 others killed spread around. We did not stop on the way out Sunday to check if any more were killed. Only heard 5 shots on Saturday and only 2 shots on Sunday.
I hunted area 12 Monday eve with one other person we seen nothing also....

myboomisdoom

I've hunted random spots 4-5 times this season and have always seen at least one deer on 2-3 hour pm sits. Mostly in areas I have found to be interesting during turkey season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Polar Kraft

I've got 13 for the late November hunt. Never been up there but looking at the topo, I'm hopeful that I can find something. 13 at least a decent zone? Any advice is appriciated lol

MXB 400

Polar Kraft":2oqib74r said:
I've got 13 for the late November hunt. Never been up there but looking at the topo, I'm hopeful that I can find something. 13 at least a decent zone? Any advice is appriciated lol
This is also my first time at LBL and I have also been look at Google maps of Area 14 big woods a lot of places just hope I pick the right one

Polar Kraft

MXB 400":swyujirn said:
Polar Kraft":swyujirn said:
This is also my first time at LBL and I have also been look at Google maps of Area 14 big woods a lot of places just hope I pick the right one
Good luck to you. I'm planning on camping at ginger bay if you happen to be up that way swing by and say hi

jb357

MXB 400":1caiiecg said:
Area 14 any good
All areas at lbl can be good. 14 isn't the best as far as terrain, but there are big bucks in it. You just have to put in the time to cover ground and find them. To truly get on deer you have to go old-school real hunting, not the private property hunting that everyone is getting accustomed to. If you're hunting 14 for a quota hunt, study the maps for escape route and funnels and let the hundred or so hunters push the deer to you.

MXB 400

Polar Kraft":228cmif9 said:
MXB 400":228cmif9 said:
Polar Kraft":228cmif9 said:
Good luck to you. I'm planning on camping at ginger bay if you happen to be up that way swing by and say hi
I'm on the first hunt Nov. 11th and 12th and good luck to you as well

MXB 400

jb357":1l3i3avr said:
MXB 400":1l3i3avr said:
Area 14 any good
All areas at lbl can be good. 14 isn't the best as far as terrain, but there are big bucks in it. You just have to put in the time to cover ground and find them. To truly get on deer you have to go old-school real hunting, not the private property hunting that everyone is getting accustomed to. If you're hunting 14 for a quota hunt, study the maps for escape route and funnels and let the hundred or so hunters push the deer to you.
Thanks have been looking at the map since I found out we got drawn I sort of figured it would be tough so going up on the 9th and scout the 10th and put stand in tree and hunt 11th and 12th just hope I make a good pick on my spot

Solocam

Just remember people may be bow hunting the 10th. I'm planning on going probably 5th thru 10th

Solocam

Polar Kraft":25x6glsp said:
13 seems to be one of the better areas at lbl

Bone Collector

Solocam":2e7jn0d0 said:
Polar Kraft":2e7jn0d0 said:

13 is pretty good. I had it 3-4 years ago and while I didn't see any bucks I saw a ton of sign and saw does on every hunt. I had never stepped foot on the place before that, just went in blind and scouted the day before.

Also have 13 this year or the early Nov. gun hunt. I have a new area to check out, but if it is a bust or overrun with hunters, I will try some of the areas I hunted last time. Day 1 i had a hunter come in from the lake. He saw me and turned his light off. I dropped over a ridge and he must of went by me and dropped over thus cutting me off. At 9:30 I hear boom real close down the holler. 10 minutes later a doe runs over the saddle I am on panting, tongue hanging out, and squats pisses on her hocks then keeps trotting. Nothing ever came behind her.

I saw lots of sign scouting, but often times when I found it, I found a tree stand locked to a tree.....

Polar Kraft

Bone Collector":3ora0gke said:
Solocam":3ora0gke said:
Polar Kraft":3ora0gke said:

13 is pretty good. I had it 3-4 years ago and while I didn't see any bucks I saw a ton of sign and saw does on every hunt. I had never stepped foot on the place before that, just went in blind and scouted the day before.

Also have 13 this year or the early Nov. gun hunt. I have a new area to check out, but if it is a bust or overrun with hunters, I will try some of the areas I hunted last time. Day 1 i had a hunter come in from the lake. He saw me and turned his light off. I dropped over a ridge and he must of went by me and dropped over thus cutting me off. At 9:30 I hear boom real close down the holler. 10 minutes later a doe runs over the saddle I am on panting, tongue hanging out, and squats pisses on her hocks then keeps trotting. Nothing ever came behind her.

I saw lots of sign scouting, but often times when I found it, I found a tree stand locked to a tree.....
I figured it would be crowded, I'm not a fan of someone locking a stand on days/weeks before trying to reserve a spot.

Latest posts