LBL Youth Hunt

jb357

They killed 28. 15 bucks, 7 antlerless, and 6 does. Wish they'd go buck only on the juvy to knock down the antlerless kill

Ridgewalker1

I was up there with my son. We go every year. This year it seemed like there were more people. We definitely heard a lot more shots Saturday morning then we've heard in the past. We found good sign but didn't see anything. The winds swirled all morning then straightened out to a steady SW for evening but it got into the 80s as well. He wanted to go after a mature buck so we hunted edges of thickets and a steep narrow ridge with very fresh and large scrapes, you could smell the tarsal 10ft from them. We also found some huge rubs one was very fresh as the sap was still running down the cedar.

rrptdp

I was up area 12 with my son this weekend had good sign saw deer.He was holding out for good buck that did not happen. We saw 3 doe while hunting, saw two on side of road on the drive in and while scouting we saw a one horn spike walk within 60 yards of us. Friend of mind and his son up there same area and he killed 3pt Saturday evening at 5:00pm. Had the best time ever up there this weekend just didn't get a shot at a deer but could have taken a doe. Time well spend with the boy. Now for the bad of the weekend we did have couple Elmer's walking around that could have messed us up some never know but I did not like it one bit. Did have some road hunting going on guy drove by stopped and then I heard shot fired then take off. No I did not actually see him shoot but I bet my last dollar it was him. The problem I had with his road hunting on youth weekend is most kids either in blind or sitting on ground not up in tree stand and shooting from the road, what is behind the deer nothing or kid in a blind hunting? I don't like road hunters at home and sure don't like them on WMA's during youth hunts.

deerfever

I took my son and we had a good time. Found some big rubs and a scrape where we hunted. Seen some doe but no shots fired. I may go back and bow hunt some, I enjoy going out that way.

Latest posts