lawn care question?

Sako

never used Gly-4 for weeds, except if I did not care if I killed everything......... I use 2,4,D

I do believe they recommend that what you are spraying for needs to be actively growing

Tiny

Sako is correct and the actively growing part applies to it as well.

BTW If you overseeded in the fall you might nail some of the grass if you spray now.BUT you can spary and overseed and get decent results

river925

Feel free to spray entire yard with the gly-4 when your good grass is dormant. from now until April is best time. Try to get a couple days of dry weather where highs are predicted to reach around 60 degrees. Make sure your good grass is not greening up toward the roots. Nothing you sewn in fall should be coming up yet either so dont worry about that. The 2-4-d can be used later to control broadleaf problems and not damage fescue bermuda and most other turf grasses. there is amine and ester versions. rule is eter until easter amine after.. when temps start hovering in 90s this summer use msma. but you better go get it now because once what is on shelves is gone it will not be readily available tp public. Hope this helps

Diehard Hunter

river925 said:
Feel free to spray entire yard with the gly-4 when your good grass is dormant. from now until April is best time. Try to get a couple days of dry weather where highs are predicted to reach around 60 degrees. Make sure your good grass is not greening up toward the roots. Nothing you sewn in fall should be coming up yet either so dont worry about that. The 2-4-d can be used later to control broadleaf problems and not damage fescue bermuda and most other turf grasses. there is amine and ester versions. rule is eter until easter amine after.. when temps start hovering in 90s this summer use msma. but you better go get it now because once what is on shelves is gone it will not be readily available tp public. Hope this helps

My yard (fescue) is already greening up. I have already mowed once. If yours has done the same, Gly-4 will wipe it out.

geezer

IMAG0025.jpg
[/img]

Tiny

a retrohillbilly said:
DANGER, fescue does not go dormant in the winter, it is a cool-season grass. Glyphosate will severly injure/kill it!

Yep as can 2 4 D and others untill it gets estblished good.

Reason I'am waiting untill the next mowing,2x at present, to use it after hitting some spots with Gly4 in the early fall and overseeding.

Latest posts