Knight Ultimate Slam or Barnes TMZ

encore06

I'm thinking of experimenting with these bullets in my T/C Omega. I am currently shooting the Hornady SST's, but they sure are hard to load. Anyone with any experience loading these? I believe there the same bullets, maybe different sabots?

Tiny

Some folks have said the "TMZ" and "Spitfires" are hard to load in the Yellow Sabots,I haven't had any trouble myself.Knight has come out with a "Blue" I think sabot that is said to be easier loading.Haven't seen these yet.I don't know if barnes is going with the newer sabot or sticking to the yellow.

Haven't had a chance to try the TMZ'z yet.I have shot the Spitfire in yellow sabots in both my Savage an Rem 70ML see no need to try anything else,but likely will someday.

Kevin B.

I have shot a few of the 290 grain TMZ Barnes with the new blue ez load sabot. They are almost too easy to load but shoot very well in my Omega 50 cal. My Omega shoots the 245 spitfire, also with blue sabot, extremely well. Hope this helps.

encore06

Thanks Kevinb, Since I'm usually sitting in my w/c when trying to load a bullet, I am unable to generate a lot of weight (body) to push the load down. That's why I'm looking for something that's easier to load, yet is accurate and performs well, something the TMZ is noted for.

rem270

if your looking for something easier try the powerbelts. i can load them with 1 hand.
i used the hornady's in my .50 cal but i got a .45 encore last year and it was so hard to load the sabots in it i switched to the powerbelts. there a little more expensive but it beats the hassle of the sst's

CHRIS WILSON

I've got some 300 gr. barnes expanders I'm gonna put through the Knight KRB this weekend. I've been looking for some 245 gr. spitfires, but haven't found any yet. I just may have to order off line.

skynimrod

Carl I shoot the Knight Ult. slams with the barnes bullet with no trouble loading in my cva opt, but I here some barrels are different from one to another so you measure it and order accordanly or try diff sabot's and or bullets to compensate

encore06

skynimrod said:
Carl I shoot the Knight Ult. slams with the barnes bullet with no trouble loading in my cva opt, but I here some barrels are different from one to another so you measure it and order accordanly or try diff sabot's and or bullets to compensate

Be nice to have ten guys show up at a range, each with different bullets, enough for each person to fire 4 shots with different bullets to see how each performs. It can get pricey to purchase 4 different bullets, each with different weights. The price of having a tight budget. Someone please send me a winning lottery ticket, preferably six-digits. :D