Knight misfire

Laserman1

I've got a knight muzzleloader. Shot a doe Monday afternoon with it but the first trigger pull didn't fire it, cocked again and second time connected with 11 cal, fired and shot doe. Cleaned gun and loaded for next day. Got ready to leave that afternoon and fired gun to unload. Same thing happened. First tripped pull closed bolt but didn't connect with primer. Second time shot as normal. Help

skipperbrown

Make sure that stop screw is in tight. Mine unscrewed itself and I lost it and almost lost the safety nut. The new one has a drop of locktite blue. Ace Hardware has replacements if ever needed.

Grill-n-man

If it's not hitting the #11 cap to set it the cap off I would say more than likely the safety nut wasn't all the way back. Have had it happen more than once while resting the gun across my legs and moving around caused the safety nut to screw in some. Another possibility is the top of the nipple is starting to flare which will cause seating problems. If it's popping caps and not going off I'd say clogged/restricted fire channel

Latest posts