Kentucky muzzleloader this weekend

EJ1

I'm going to set it out this weekend.
Our new Hopkins County lease has been a dud all summer on camera.
The whole lease is 2' under water if it rains. Pretty disappointed in it.

AT Hiker

If I weren't headed to MT I'd most definitely be hunting.
Coolish weather and the corn is up, usually equals excellent last light movement on the mature deer at my place.

Volbuck777

Nice. Well if you or anyone else has some land they wouldn't care to let someone tag along holler at me. I wouldn't care to pay some to towards a lease to hunt this weekend. I have a feeling peabody Is gonna be crowded 😐
Sorry brother no guests on my lease. I may be picking up another 200 acres for next year if I do I'll be looking for a couple guys then maybe.

120+

I'll be there. It's been 3 years but I got my old lease back the other day and no one that we know has hunted it. If they did hunt it they're dang sure more determined than me. Only 1 way up the mountain and it was covered in trees that had to be cut out of the trail. They could've walked but I don't know many that would.
Depending upon where your lease is located, most of those trees fell in late winter after deer season. Southeastern Kentucky had a really good ice storm in February(I think) and tree tops are down everywhere. Most of the old logging roads I'm used to walking are mostly impassable on the eastern side of the mountains. Turkey hunting was a real pain. Some roads had to be bulldozed to use.

tree_ghost

Hunting in Cumberland Co

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 76

Mr.Bro

Good morning in Ky. Several small bucks sparring, scraping and rubbing. All under the same tree. Every buck and doe came to this same location.Believe I'll back out for a few weeks.

Buzzard Breath

This buck walked out in the food plot while I was stepping into my stand and fed around til 3 coyotes ran him off. Probably the biggest deer I've passed on.
That had to be a tough pass. Especially with him standing like that and focused on something the opposite direction from you.

BuckWild

Great weekend in KY. Saw lots of small bucks. Nicest one was probably a 130+ 9 point. Huge bodied buck as well. He fed on acorns 40 yards from my tree this morning.

We took two nice does for the freezer. Just two of us on over 200 acres but we both saw tons of deer.

Will be ready to go in November.

Headhunter

We had a great weekend. Saw a pile of deer. We saw several bucks and a couple of nice ones, largest in the mid 130" range. Nothing we wanted to kill though.

rem270

Seen several deer Saturday morning but had to cut the hunt short because we found my dad's freezer had went out the day before. Ran around and found 2 new freezers and got them going and seen 3 bucks and a doe Saturday evening. Had one nice buck come through to my cell cam that was about 100 yards down the ridge from me but he never made it up my way for a better look.

Think I seen 3 bucks and 4 does Sunday morning. Great weather this past weekend for sure.

Latest posts