Kentucky Lake Smackdown

gasman

20 in the box and 10 short fish. Me and my oldest son had a great day on the water. He sure has come a long ways. No livescope was used in the harming of these fish.

Attachments

• IMG_2218.jpeg
    IMG_2218.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2221.jpeg
    IMG_2221.jpeg
    297.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Ridgeline300

Very impressive btw choosing to not buying forward facing sonar. I will admit i wouldnt ever catch a crappie without mine
Around here this time of year all we do is look for trees that have fell in the water. If they are there you will get bit first few cast. We use 1/16 and 1/8 ounce heads with small swim baits. After a few cast if no bites move on to the next one, don't take long to find them.

Ridgeline300

the problem at our lakes is that that were so drawn down, they can reach the water when they fall.
Maybe find stake beds or put your own structure in somewhere. Dale hollow, center hill and Cordell draw down also but lots of steep banks where water may be 5 to 10 lower than usual but tree tops still reach water but some hollows are flatter and the tops don't reach but people have made structure.

redblood

Maybe find stake beds or put your own structure in somewhere. Dale hollow, center hill and Cordell draw down also but lots of steep banks where water may be 5 to 10 lower than usual but tree tops still reach water but some hollows are flatter and the tops don't reach but people have made structure.
we put in lots of structure. And we caught them all summer through New years. But now there are none of deep structure and i am lost on how to find them.

Latest posts