Kentucky Buck Kill 11/10/2012

Dannyt

I don't know how a deer is scored and that is the reason that I ask the question in the first place. Did not go on here to tell a lie. Thanks to all the hunters who have responded to me in a prefessional manner.

Dannyt

Southern Sportsman

Was 290 live weight? They grow them big up there for sure. Congrats on the deer. Dont take the skepticism personally. Deer hunters naturally tend to embelish, particularly on this site, so everyone around here is skeptical.

As for scoring it, google boon and crockett scoring and you should find a guide. Its pretty simple.

Shed Hunter

Here ya go bud
score.png

*That should say greatest not greayest.

TN Larry

Dannyt said:
Thanks LIL Joker,

I really don't care how big it scores. It was difinitey a real thrill getting it. It is the biggest one I have killed and I am kinda proud of it.

Thanks

And that's all tha matters that you are tickled with it. Forgot to say congrats in my first response.

TN Larry

bigbuxhunter said:
Master Chief said:
Here ya go bud
score.png

*That should say greatest not greayest.
hey master, i was always under the impression that a eight point like that would only get 3 circumference measurments? have i been doing it wrong? i didnt realize you could do one on the tip of the main beam. please correct me if thats the case

All deer whether a spike or 12 pointer get four circumference measurements. For an 8 pt, the H4 is taken half way between the G3 and tip of the main beam. Most people do it the other way and give more circum measurements as the points go up i.e. H5 measurment for a 10 pt. I have a guy at work that does that. I called him on it one day and then showed him the B&C rules. He said well, that's how I do it. Alright then, don't care either way but trying to show you what is right. :D

SelphLogging

Tnlarry, you are incorrect sir, your right in the fact that an 8 pt gets 4 and a 12 pt gets 4, but a spike, 4 pt, and 6pt only get 1, 2, 3 measurements respectively, not all get 4.

Latest posts