Kentucky Buck Kill 11/10/2012

TN Larry

SelphLogging said:
Tnlarry, you are incorrect sir, your right in the fact that an 8 pt gets 4 and a 12 pt gets 4, but a spike, 4 pt, and 6pt only get 1, 2, 3 measurements respectively, not all get 4.

Not to start an argument and hate to hijack, but ALL deer get four H measurements for circum. For example, a 6 pt only has 3 places for circum measurement. However, you just use the H3 measurement taken between the G2 and tip of the beam twice thus getting 4 measurements. On a spike if I remember correctly, you would measure the circum half way up the beam and multiply by 4 to get 4 measurements. Search for it and look it up. See below some info from the B&C Frequently asked questions. All deer get 4 measurements.

DO ELK AND DEER ALWAYS GET FOUR CIRCUMFERENCE MEASUREMENTS? WHAT ABOUT EIGHT-POINTERS? WHAT ABOUT TWELVE-POINTERS?
Yes, elk and deer trophies ALWAYS get four circumferences. In the case of an eight-point whitetail, the G-4 is missing. Instead of looking for the smallest location between the G-3 and the G-4, the measurement is taken at the halfway point between the G-3 and the tip of the main beam. Similarly, on a mule deer with no G-3, the H-3 circumference measurement would be taken at a point halfway between where the G-2 measurement begins and the end of the G-2. For deer and elk, no matter how many normal points it has, four circumferences per side will always be the exact number of circumference measurements.

SelphLogging

Tnlarry, go to booneandcrockettclub.com and go to score your trophy, it indicates that if a brow pt is missing, to take the 1st and 2nd measurement at narrowest pt between base and g2.

Also, the blanks ask for circ between base and 1st pt, 1st and 2nd pt, 2nd & 3rd pt, 3rd & 4th pt, if the g4 is missing, as on an 8 pt, it's taken between the g3 and tip.

Nowhere that I have seen where whitetail of all rack pts get 4. It may be the case, but the roughly 100 I have scored for people have been done incorrectly if thats the case.

Shed Hunter

SelphLogging said:
Tnlarry, go to booneandcrockettclub.com and go to score your trophy, it indicates that if a brow pt is missing, to take the 1st [size]and[/size] 2nd measurement at narrowest pt between base and g2.

Also, the blanks ask for circ between base and 1st pt, 1st and 2nd pt, 2nd & 3rd pt, 3rd & 4th pt, if the g4 is missing, as on an 8 pt, it's taken between the g3 and tip.

Nowhere that I have seen where whitetail of all rack pts get 4. It may be the case, but the roughly 100 I have scored for people have been done incorrectly if thats the case.

That means you get two measurements between the base and G2.. you will also get 2 more somewhere between the G2 and tip.

On a spike, if I'm not mistaken, you just take the measurement halfway between the base and tip four times.

Of course I don't think we'll have any B&C entries below 8 points any time soon so who cares.

SelphLogging

well I will stand corrected if I'm wrong, but I would love to see those scoring rules. You cant assume that since you get 2 between the burr and g2, that you get 2 if the g3 is non existing. I still dont understand how you get 4 on a spike, but oh well.

I agree there won't be any entries by deer less than 8 pts anytime soon, but some people just want to know theyre scores master.

Setterman

I love all the gnashing of teeth about the score of this particular deer when probably 85% of the people doing the gnashing have never killed a buck like the one in question themselves.

Latest posts