Kayak for Hunting

JeepKuntry

Any suggestions? I would like to find a decent kayak that doesn't break the bank. I would need one big enough to haul weapon and climbing stand in.

CATCHDAWG

MickThompson":3givhbzf said:
Canoe or small jon boat. Kayaks can't haul a load well because the deck raises the center of gravity. Where would the deer go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sit on tops don't have a deck, your thinking of sit in. I can walk around on my kayak. Hauling a deer wouldn't be problem but there a models better suited than the one I have.

JeepKuntry

Catchdawg what kinda kayak do you have? I was hoping to stay under $500. Nucanoe was a grand and didn't even have a seat.

CATCHDAWG

Mine is a Ascend fs12t. It cost a little more than what your wanting to spend but not much. You also might want to check out a Madriver Adventure. It's a canoe/kayak hybrid and can be had at a decent price.

JeepKuntry

I have been looking at those. My biggest struggle is finding something that I can carry. Obviously a canoe would be cheaper. But loading/unloading with 1 person would not be easy. Some also weigh around 100lbs. I have 1 spot that I will have to carry 400-500 yards before I reach the lake access.

Mag

2-Step Enabled
I also have an Ascend kayak but mine is the 10ft model. There are wheels which can be attached to the back so you can pull your Kayak to the drop off spot instead of carrying it.

SC Manimal

I have a 12 ft Future Beach Angler. Half price black Friday for less than $200. This year I am going to carry a small Dollar-store inflatable raft and a pocket pump. Stand in front of boat and rifle & pack in back. If I get lucky the deer rides the raft back to dock.

Latest posts