Easy 1 night hike for kids

JBARCHER

Looking for a flat around 2 mile hike to take my wife, 8 and 9 year old on. Was hoping for something a couple miles and not too tough with a decent camping spot and not too crowded. We live in Sweetwater and hope to go on a Saturday and stay overnight, leave Sunday. Also, any advice for hiking/camping with kids that age would be appreciated... they have tent/car camped before and liked it and have hiked and like it if not too tough. So I think they can make it or should I say hope they can!

jb3

I got my kids small camelbacks to carry while hiking. They both have their own backpacks (small school type) to pack their clothes in as well.

SC Manimal

In Spring City there is a really easy hike down Shut-In Mountain. The total distance is about 10 miles but it's down the mountain. A great camp spot called Spiders Den half way down. Creek fishing and swimming when it's warmer. My 6 year old daughter loves it. Only problem is you need to leave a vehicle at top and bottom (so you don't have to hike back up). If your interested when it's warmer hit me up on here. I can show you where to park and cut the trail distance down a little.

Latest posts