Juvenile kill makes my season!

spitndrum

Took my oldest juvenile Sunday. Started off foggy and mostly sat in the truck. I got him out for a small walk and thought why not use the fog to our advantage. Well it paid off as I checked the clover field there were 2 yearling bucks in it. At about 60 yards, it was short work for the NEF 44 mag. I remember bracing the gun on a small tree and asking him if he had the deer in the crosshairs. He replied yes, I said send one...BOOM! I looked to him for some idea as to how it went cause I couldnt see anything but the other deer running out of the field. Son do you feel you made a good shot? Well ya dad, he is laying right where he stood! Sure enough he had piled him up like a sack of taters! An 8 year olds first deer was a healthy 5pt. Made ole dad a little jealous as I killed my first when I was 13!
c59f7f490df5e2bd67e15980c9ac1028.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Andy S.

Memories and photos that will last forever. Kids having success, and their photos documenting it are my favorite, by far. Congrats to you both, thanks for sharing.

Mike Belt

Sometimes I can't make up my mind who is the more excited about a kid's first deer; the parent or the kid. Either way, congrats to both of you. He may need that picture to remind him but I bet you'll never forget that smile.

Grnwing

That s awesome! Good job on getting him on his first at a young age!! I can't wait for my little girl to grow up and get her out in the field.

Latest posts