John Tully Fig Field status

SaileAway

Morning all!

Headed out to John Tully this weekend for a quota hunt. Going to try and get out this afternoon to check it out and setup decoys/blind, but may have some work crisis stuff to deal with.

Anyone been out there to know what the water level is looking like? Last I was out there in Nov it was a few inches of water, but I hear it can get pretty deep.

Thanks!

Crosshairy

Any luck??

Unless they've pumped a lot in, I wouldn't have thought it was that deep. I hunted it once a year or two ago, and all of the fields had about 2 feet of water in them - that was during a time when the river was higher than it is now by a long shot.

SaileAway

Sorry, I haven't been able to jump in here!

Water level was decently high, waders are needed for sure, and it was icy, so a lot of frozen spots and very cold mud. Saw plenty of ducks and geese about 100+ yards up, but only 2-3 really came in shooting range up near the pond area where my draw was. Didn't even see a lot in the distance, except way too high to shoot.

I think one problem is there is a golden eagle nest right at the edge of the pond and the two eagles were hunting most of the mornings. When they were out, not a bird in sight except for a few crows.

Overall, disappointing, but i'll be back in the same spot this weekend with my daughter for the youth/military draw.

Latest posts