John Tully Quota this weekend

SaileAway

So, I got a draw for this weekend in the Fig Field. I have been scouting it out (and looking for deer) the last couple weeks and there are a decent amount of ducks, but one thing I've noticed is that they are flying 10-15 meters from me while I am sitting/walking around there in Blaze Orange. I know the season isn't open so they aren't afraid, but I'm wondering everyone's opinion on bothering with blinds this weekend.

I am taking my daughter, my wife and her father and we only have a pop up deer blind for 2-3, so I would have to buy anything other than that and the few big netting sheets I have. Kinda tempted to just cover ourselves in the netting on a stool at the edge of the weeds and go for it. Thougts?

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
Get several pieces of PVC or conduit, cut to four to four and a half feet, put a point on one end, drill a hole through the other for a zip tie and zip tie the netting to it to make a blind. You can stuff some limbs/grass/cane in if you want to make it look more natural. Put your back in or close to the weeds and go for it. Good luck.

SaileAway

Get several pieces of PVC or conduit, cut to four to four and a half feet, put a point on one end, drill a hole through the other for a zip tie and zip tie the netting to it to make a blind. You can stuff some limbs/grass/cane in if you want to make it look more natural. Put your back in or close to the weeds and go for it. Good luck.
Sounds simple and effective! Thanks!

Latest posts