Small field doves

mike243

we made 1 500-600 feet long and maybe that wide, not a lot of birds and the corn didn't come up big enough to make anything, crows pulled the little stalks up and eat the kernel, had a few birds but not enough shooters to keep them flying, got tired of walking around to flush them. That was Cumberland county,

yellalinehunter

I've done a 120'x20' patch in the middle of a cow pasture with a powerline over it by a water hole. Smoked the birds in that spot. Didn't have a tractor so took a garden tiller out and top sowed wheat on the bare ground.

JCDEERMAN

Last year was our best year and was on a new plot. It's about 1.5 acres and an extension off our powerline. We killed close to 60 last year. That's a win for us

Biggun4214

I caught some guys hunting 1/4-1/2 acre once. Doves coming in like bees to a hive. But it had 3-4 bushels of wheat on it.
Caught some more that had probably a 75 foot diameter circle disked. They were trying to grow cracked corn.
The best one was the boy that sowed scratch feed on his mom's 50' paved driveway.

tanasirivertea

I caught some guys hunting 1/4-1/2 acre once. Doves coming in like bees to a hive. But it had 3-4 bushels of wheat on it.
Caught some more that had probably a 75 foot diameter circle disked. They were trying to grow cracked corn.
The best one was the boy that sowed scratch feed on his mom's 50' paved driveway.
That last example...really?!? lol that's just so crazy

Popcorn

2-Step Enabled
Cookeville, TN Cadiz, KY and random other places
Years ago I lived at Silver Point out on a poor dry ridge top. My garden spot was 1/4 acre with a power line across in the middle. Garden was always done by end of august. I plowed it under disked it up and top sowed my cover crop. Always killed a couple limits there before those pesky birds ate my cover crop up.

Latest posts