Is Savage the only smokeless MZ

GMB54

You can have a 45/70 converted for around $600 total or even a tiny bit less. It will more than likely out shoot a factory Savage all day long and weigh a couple pounds less too.

451LRML

According to Knight Rifles here in TN, Savage had over 150 lawsuits in the first 5 years of their smokeless ML. I believe they stopped production in less than 10 years. Even last year a fellow Volunteer lost his hand with one.

mike243

451LRML":3befoanb said:
According to Knight Rifles here in TN, Savage had over 150 lawsuits in the first 5 years of their smokeless ML. I believe they stopped production in less than 10 years. Even last year a fellow Volunteer lost his hand with one.
Ok and this relates to the question how? look up and see how many many regular muzzle loaders were blown up,I would bet most were user malfunctions rather than product.They are as safe as any other weapon but accidents happen

GMB54

8up":1s90yyq6 said:
Thanks, I found the ones for $4500 lol

Ive heard that Melvin Forbes of New Ultra Light Arms is making his M209 again. Last i heard they were $1800 and it is a true custom. You will have a very long wait though if you order one. I can tell you from real life experience, they are worth the wait and cost.

451LRML

mike243":103l5cng said:
Ok and this relates to the question how? look up and see how many many regular muzzle loaders were blown up,I would bet most were user malfunctions rather than product.They are as safe as any other weapon but accidents happen

Relates to the question because it relates to Savage smokeless ML.
GM54 has given addition facts about other possibilities, I gave facts as to my question to Knight Rifles and their response as to why Savage no longer produce a smokeless ML.

mike243

And knight has never made a smokeless muzzle loader but they are a authority ? how many lawsuits has there been on say Remington rifles ? he asked if savage was the only 1 and then the bashing started,he didn't ask why they no longer made them ,how many lawsuits on knight? ,how many on CVA ect ?

Roost 1

Maybe ask knight rifles how many people have ever blown up one of their rifles and get back to us... Not a Mzl made that has a pressure rating to match a Savage. Actually higher rating than some center fires. However none are made to be double loaded.

8up

If a production MZ can be accurate and deadly at 225yds I think the one I have is among the best.

So I guess it's just finding the load combo to do it with

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Latest posts