Is Ozonics worth the money?

stringtalker

I started hunting when i was 8 or 10 years old. I was taught that deer can smell and see very well to watch the wind direction and keep your movement to a minimum. There was not very many if any scent control products on the market, and if they were i couldnt afford them. That being said, i killed just as many deer back then as i do now. Do the products work, yes, to some extent, but to go spend hundreds to thousands of dollars just to kill a deer or to fool his nose. Its time to realize people, all of those companies out there selling that product to help you kill a deer is just a company out to make money, and probably could give a rats behind if you killed a deer. Thats the hard truth. Hunting needs to get back to what it was meant to be for, family, friends, and putting food on the table, not how much money we can make from it!!!!

hunterncoach

bowriter said:
hunterncoach said:
bowriter said:
You should read my column last week, "Great Myths of Deer Hunting."

Short answer-NO.
funny thing about that article is that the advise coming from the author is ALSO an outdoor writer...NUFF SAID!!!;)

I am on record as having said many times, "Outdoor writers are second greatest perpetrators of misinformation in the realm of deer hunting." They have been made that way by magazine editors and equipment manufacturers. Once they are no longer under that thumb, they often tell the truth.

Nuff said.
just busting your chops!!! thats why I winked...I actually appreciate your candidness

Coach

I could kill deer wearing aftershave, smoking a cigarette, farting, burping, texting, drinking, etc...and so could you. But...I cannot kill the wiser, older, bigger deer without taking many precautions..like being as scent free as possible. I have killed quite a few bigguns when I did everything I could to be quiet, be scent free and just be a good woodsman. But, you can do pretty much anything and kill young deer.

So, all this talk about scent free, ozonics, sprays, smoking, texting...etc...depends on what you want to kill...if it's just meat, do whatever you want to do and spend time in the woods and you will get one. If it's larger, wiser, older deer take every precaution you can, add some luck and maybe, just maybe you will get your chance at one...jmo

bowriter

R.I.P.
Coach-some of the biggest (rack-wise), deer are killed completely by accident by folks who have no idea what scent control means. And, there are hunters who take every precaution and never see a buck over 90-inches. Sometimes, stuff just happens.

If we knew the real-true story behind some of these monster kills, we would probably drink a lot more. Once a huge buck is killed, in many cases, the story changes to fit largest check being offered.

I know of one instance where a set of sheds became the state record and several products were instrumental in killing the deer. The story ran in NAH and several other major magazines. The truth came out over a year later. The entire story was fiction, the antlers were found while plowing a field.

Then...there is the MI droop-eared buck, killed by my friend Mitch. Who knows what the real story is? He aint sayin nuthin. But trust me, far more big bucks are killed by luck than by skill or product.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled
stringtalker said:
I started hunting when i was 8 or 10 years old. I was taught that deer can smell and see very well to watch the wind direction and keep your movement to a minimum. There was not very many if any scent control products on the market, and if they were i couldnt afford them. That being said, i killed just as many deer back then as i do now. Do the products work, yes, to some extent, but to go spend hundreds to thousands of dollars just to kill a deer or to fool his nose. Its time to realize people, all of those companies out there selling that product to help you kill a deer is just a company out to make money, and probably could give a rats behind if you killed a deer. Thats the hard truth. Hunting needs to get back to what it was meant to be for, family, friends, and putting food on the table, not how much money we can make from it!!!!

Amen!

Winchester

fairchaser said:
bowriter said:
But trust me, far more big bucks are killed by luck than by skill or product.

Ahh, you gone and done it this time Bowriter. :)
That they are! Now take the ones who "consistently" kill better than average bucks and listen to what they have to say!!! ;)

Coach

bowriter said:
Coach-some of the biggest (rack-wise), deer are killed completely by accident by folks who have no idea what scent control means. And, there are hunters who take every precaution and never see a buck over 90-inches. Sometimes, stuff just happens.

If we knew the real-true story behind some of these monster kills, we would probably drink a lot more. Once a huge buck is killed, in many cases, the story changes to fit largest check being offered.

I know of one instance where a set of sheds became the state record and several products were instrumental in killing the deer. The story ran in NAH and several other major magazines. The truth came out over a year later. The entire story was fiction, the antlers were found while plowing a field.

Then...there is the MI droop-eared buck, killed by my friend Mitch. Who knows what the real story is? He aint sayin nuthin. But trust me, far more big bucks are killed by luck than by skill or product.

You are right BW...and I meant to say "or by pure accident" in my post...

WRbowhunter

I think of it like scent killer spray. Does it work? Maybe? But that stuff only cost me $10 to $15 a season. do I think it will make me scent free. Nope. What I hope for is it might allow the deer to get a little closer on a marginal wind to get a good shot off. And to me that's good enough to spend the $10. But as far as the Ozonics may be a little to much to spend on the "ifs" and "maybe's"

Latest posts