Is Ozonics worth the money?

tngreenhead1

Does anyone have any experience with Ozonics and if so what did you think? I would like to get some feedback from here before I decide to purchase one or not. Thanks for your help!

Jmed

I'm no scientist but I just don't see how ozone infusion is going to make you scent free. I just hunt with a favorable wind.

infoman jr.

I'd rather buy 8,000 bottles of this
862-320-00.jpg

Vermin93

Ozonics works. Don't listen to those who deny the effectiveness of ozone as a deodorizer. It's use in that regard is scientifically proven. Whether Ozonics is worth the money depends on how much disposable income you have. Whether using an Ozonics unit is bad for your health is a legitimate and entirely different question.

TheAirMan

I know from work that ozone will kill odors, in a house anyway. At least to a humans nose. How it would do out in the woods is another question. I would think it's effective ness, if any, would be greatly increased in a ground blind or shooting house than an open treestand. That said, I won't be buying one to try out.

tap.emtp

Just my 2 cents. I don't have our expect to be able to afford an ozonics. But i have a question to you fellows who say they don't work or are a gumick. Do you use other scent control products and if so, by doing so you must believe they work?

Mike Belt

I don't doubt they may work in some instances but I don't think they're worth the money or extra effort of carrying more stuff to the woods than you have to. I used to use cover scents but now only use scent eliminators. The real benefit of these is not to eliminate your scent entirely but to disguise it enough to fool a deer's nose into perceiving that scent is farther away than it actually is. During the rut I occasionally use sex scents but can only verify a small percentage of success.

bowriter

R.I.P.
tap.emtp said:
Just my 2 cents. I don't have our expect to be able to afford an ozonics. But i have a question to you fellows who say they don't work or are a gumick. Do you use other scent control products and if so, by doing so you must believe they work?

To answer your first statement. Whether it works or not is a bit of a two-sided question. Will ozone destroy or limit odor? Yes. Will it keep a deer from smelling is the real question, right? No way to answer that. Impossible to know because it may sometimes and it may not sometimes.

Do I believe in the product? No, I do not. Do I buy or use other scent control products? No, I do not other than soap, if you want to consider that. I believe there is nothing better than being clean and wearing clean and I also make no special effort to "hunt the wind" because where I hunt, it is constantly changing.

When a hunter is squeaky clean from head to toe including ALL items of clothing, he is about as scent free as he can get. If a deer, (or any scent checking animal) is properly downwind, he will be smelled. No product will keep that from happening without the product itself emitting a masking odor and probably, even then.

Personally, I hunt in clothes that have been washed in scent free detergent, no special formula and sun-dried. I wear clean tennis shoes and socks. I wear a freshly washed hat and gloves. I have had no more deer smell me than I did when I used all the highly-touted products.

Now, that is just my opinion. I neither advise or care if anyone else subscribes to that. It is my firm belief that the deer we hunt today are in part, accustomed to human odor, even in the woods. Therefore, I worry very little about it.

There was a period of time, especially during my years hunting elk (far spookier to human odor that deer), that I was almost fanatical about it. I was hunting trophy bucks 90% of the time and bought into all of the hype regarding them smelling a human. Then, I shall not go into it now, I learned differently. I learned how deer, for the most part, including mature, "trophy" bucks. Actually do react. As a result, I quit worrying about it, take reasonable precautions, spend no money and sleep quite well at night.

My two cents.

BHC

I agree with the first part of bowriter's comments. First I will say that I do not have one. Does it work? Yes I am certain it is extremely effective at eliminating odor at the molecular level. As is activated carbon, baking soda, hydrogen peroxide, etc. it's not a gimmick it's a scientific fact that such things eliminate odor. For instance most hunters call scent lol or blocker products gimmicky, however it is also has been used medically in the same way. Such as overdoses, activated carbon is administered and it binds to the drug/chemical disrupting it's effects. So in the same way it binds to scent molecules released by your body and disrupts their properties. The question is how effective are these products in hunting? It's unknown because of unlimited variables. They do work, but who knows if you'll kill more deer with them than with ought them. I do feel I good scent control regimen is key in hunting mature bucks, and I find it more important than playing the wind. That is from logging deer sightings/ behaviors hunting with both methods.

My advice is use what u can afford. If you have the money and think it will give you added confidence, get it. And u just may be more scent free than anyone on this site.. If not be as clean as possible and do other things to minimize odors on your clothing etc. I do have some concerns on the health related issues of ozonics, and that's why I'm not buying one..

gator-n-buck

This stuff kind of reminds me of fishing lures. Will a fishing lure catch a fish??? "Yes" Will it catch a fish all the time??? "No".

If you have used a certain fishing lure and happy with the results than use it. If you have never tried a certain lure than it's hard to have a real opinion if it works or not... JMO

Back to hunting... I have never tried it so I don't know if it actually works or helps... :)

bowriter

R.I.P.
hunterncoach said:
bowriter said:
You should read my column last week, "Great Myths of Deer Hunting."

Short answer-NO.
funny thing about that article is that the advise coming from the author is ALSO an outdoor writer...NUFF SAID!!!;)

I am on record as having said many times, "Outdoor writers are second greatest perpetrators of misinformation in the realm of deer hunting." They have been made that way by magazine editors and equipment manufacturers. Once they are no longer under that thumb, they often tell the truth.

Nuff said.

infoman jr.

bowriter said:
hunterncoach said:
bowriter said:
You should read my column last week, "Great Myths of Deer Hunting."

Short answer-NO.
funny thing about that article is that the advise coming from the author is ALSO an outdoor writer...NUFF SAID!!!;)

I am on record as having said many times, "Outdoor writers are second greatest perpetrators of misinformation in the realm of deer hunting." They have been made that way by magazine editors and equipment manufacturers. Once they are no longer under that thumb, they often tell the truth.

Nuff said.
Bingo.

sgtwebb1

bowriter said:
tap.emtp said:

To answer your first statement. Whether it works or not is a bit of a two-sided question. Will ozone destroy or limit odor? Yes. Will it keep a deer from smelling is the real question, right? No way to answer that. Impossible to know because it may sometimes and it may not sometimes.

Do I believe in the product? No, I do not. Do I buy or use other scent control products? No, I do not other than soap, if you want to consider that. I believe there is nothing better than being clean and wearing clean and I also make no special effort to "hunt the wind" because where I hunt, it is constantly changing.

When a hunter is squeaky clean from head to toe including ALL items of clothing, he is about as scent free as he can get. If a deer, (or any scent checking animal) is properly downwind, he will be smelled. No product will keep that from happening without the product itself emitting a masking odor and probably, even then.

Personally, I hunt in clothes that have been washed in scent free detergent, no special formula and sun-dried. I wear clean tennis shoes and socks. I wear a freshly washed hat and gloves. I have had no more deer smell me than I did when I used all the highly-touted products.

Now, that is just my opinion. I neither advise or care if anyone else subscribes to that. It is my firm belief that the deer we hunt today are in part, accustomed to human odor, even in the woods. Therefore, I worry very little about it.

There was a period of time, especially during my years hunting elk (far spookier to human odor that deer), that I was almost fanatical about it. I was hunting trophy bucks 90% of the time and bought into all of the hype regarding them smelling a human. Then, I shall not go into it now, I learned differently. I learned how deer, for the most part, including mature, "trophy" bucks. Actually do react. As a result, I quit worrying about it, take reasonable precautions, spend no money and sleep quite well at night.

My two cents.

I agree with every word of this. (except the elk part-haven't got that one done yet)
I've been hunting a long time-over 40 years, and I just keep everything scent free and clean.
Kill a lot, see a lot more.

Latest posts